My Trapdoor

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is my trapdoor spider i got today. If anyone wants him then i will either sell him or trade him, if not then i'll be happy to keep him. Sorry if the pics are blurry, my digital camera sucks.

Attachments

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you should put little twigs and leaves and stuff in there for it to buld the trap door. and i heard somewere that you should wait for it to buld the borrow before you feed it(that is just what i heard).

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
alright, thanks for your help. if you have anymore tips then feel free to tell me i really apreciate it! :)

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you need to give it 8" of substrate or so, so it will have enough room to dig a borrow. that is all i know. if you click on the search and under the white is a adavanced search, type in trapdoor and you should get something. i think that there was a thread about them around a month ago.

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good looking spider. Is that an african sp.? I have a trapdoor spider, but mine is a California trap door spider. I might be able to purchase it from you, but I'm currently in the process of recieving an H. Lividium and have no space at the moment.

My trapdoor took a day or two to burrow, the substrate needs the right moisture and density or they won't burrow.

Email me or PM me with a price and I'll see what I can do.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think That Guy Tansly told me a while back when I fst got mine that with red trapfoors you will have to start a burrow for it. Since they dig the burrows from being a spiderling and then live in it the rest of there lives. Apparently they lose the instince to burrow in there later lifes. Mine never dug a burrow untill I started one for it then all it did was line out the hole with web and make a trapdoor.

I may be wrong though

Anansi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G_Wright said:
I think That Guy Tansly told me a while back when I fst got mine that with red trapfoors you will have to start a burrow for it. Since they dig the burrows from being a spiderling and then live in it the rest of there lives. Apparently they lose the instince to burrow in there later lifes. Mine never dug a burrow untill I started one for it then all it did was line out the hole with web and make a trapdoor.

I may be wrong though

this is true...if you buy them at that size you need to either make them a burrow or bury a film container so that they can creat their burrow inside of it...I dont know maybe its just me, but that trapdoor looks unhealthy or about to die...

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Interesting stance. Do trapdoors normally adopt what I'd see as a death curl? Is this because they don't normally leave their burrow, so curled legs are more suitable, or is this individual just about to pop it's clogs?

Personally I'm a firm believer in learning the habitat requirements of a species BEFORE I buy it.