Cyriocosmus elegans

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I finally have a picture of my cutie :D

This is honestly becoming one of my favorite tarantula species. I need more, now {D

-Bryan

Edit: Photo was taken by my lovely girlfriend, Evil Cactus :)

Attachments

EvilCactus

Arachnopeon
I still can't believe that my camera could take such a good picture! I can't wait till ya get to breed them!

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here's one of mine Bryan.... same stock as yours, but I would guess the one in my pic is 2 molts ahead of yours. Both of mine have molted 4 times now since I got them.

Cyriocosomus elegans

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
GoTerps said:
Here's one of mine Bryan.... same stock as yours, but I would guess the one in my pic is 2 molts ahead of yours. Both of mine have molted 4 times now since I got them.
Where did you get yours from? I'm VERY interested in getting MANY more! :)

-Bryan

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
@ Cooper

Tarcan (Martin) might still have some available.Contact him for prices and availability.

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks Derrick, I will look into this.

How large do these get?

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Bryan, I'm hooked on these too! I've got two 1/4" slings (too small for a good pic) What I like is that they have pattern and color when little at 1/4", it's amazing! :D

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Swifty said:
Hi Bryan, I'm hooked on these too! I've got two 1/4" slings (too small for a good pic) What I like is that they have pattern and color when little at 1/4", it's amazing! :D
I'm really interested in breeding them in the US. Hit me up if you'd like to talk more about this. I'm happy to chat (phone or email).

-Bryan

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do they retain their markings after they mature? These are so neat looking!

Sharon

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just had a male mature on me.I got him late Nov..early Dec of last year.It was very small..appr 1/16" big.So by the looks of it males will mature quite quickly.He's got to be around 9-10 months of age..under a yr for sure.The other two I purchased at the same time are still quite a bit smaller so I'm hoping females.I also just recently purchased 2 more slings so hopefully I can get a nice male for when my females are matured.Should hopefully time out just about right...

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
cricket54 said:
Do they retain their markings after they mature? These are so neat looking!

Sharon
They sure do.Nice thing about it is they develope their adult colors at a very small/early stage and keep them.I could easily see the adult colors/patterns developing at around 1/8" big.

Last edited:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Another pic. I love the way the black on the prosoma blends right into the chelicerae.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks! They're a lot of fun to keep, eat like little monsters!