GF got haired (HELP QUICK!)

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
GF got haired (HELP QUICK!)(thanks for the help)

My gf got haired by the blondi. He got her hands any suggestions?
it's driving her nuts!

Last edited:

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wash her hands. Use cortizone cream. Don't know if this works for blondis as I've never been haired by one but it works for my Aphonopelma.

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry to hear that.

-some books say use a scotch tape apply and remove repeatedly.

- wash area with mild soap and running water.

-apply calamine lotion (corticosteroid topical cream).

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
This may be stupid, but here's what I used to do when I kept lots of hair kickers:
Hold my hands under running water as hot as I could possibly stand for 20-30 seconds, then dip them immediately in a bowl of ice water. Stopped the itch every time.

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
Wonder if those Biore strips would help. Or the hot wax/goo that is used to rip out leg hair. Let us know what helped your GF.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Make sure she doesnt touch her face because that is the worst.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
problem solved, thanks ..she washed her hands then used the tape.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ive found that if you use Elmers glue works great, put some on, rub it around, let it dry to that white, opaque hard stuff it does (remember as we did when we were kids?) then peel it off....presto..

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I remember doing that glue thing a few months ago :eek: Glad to hear that she is OK, T. blondi hairs are supposed to be brutal

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she says they werent that bad, i have been haired and it had no effect on me.

Lars Butcher

Arachnopeon
I always keep a bottle of rubbing alcohol readily available when dealing with my blondi. Super effective and usually the quickest remedy to a hair attack. Learned that one from a well known breeder on the East Coast.

~Lars

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Glad to hear everything is ok, my blondi nailed me once and it itched even after i took a shower.... :8o

brian&goliath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mr. Rourke said:
This may be stupid, but here's what I used to do when I kept lots of hair kickers:
Hold my hands under running water as hot as I could possibly stand for 20-30 seconds, then dip them immediately in a bowl of ice water. Stopped the itch every time.
I use that technique also and it has yet to fail :)

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For future use, talk to your doctor and get an RX for "Lydex E Ointment". It's stronger than hydrocorosone (can't spell) so you can't use it on your face and real sensitive areas. But when you still have the rash afterwards for days just soak your hands in the hotest water that you can stand for about 20 minutes and then put the ointment on. Don't let him give you the cream cuz it's not as effective. I've used it on my hands and such for over 25 years and it does wonders. You just have to convince your doctor the reason is valid and if you have a good on they will give you as RX. One tube lasts forever. That glue remedy sounds cool. I never thought of that as a front line treatment. This is if you're still nailed after all of that and can't get rid of it all. :D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
My son fell into a cactus, my hubby suggested the hot wax thing. It worked. When we pull off the wax, you could actually see the little spines embedded in the wax.