Calling T experts!

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I know there's a bunch of T experts on the board. I'm looking for any neat T articles for Invertebrates-Magazine. Color and B/W pics if possible. Free membership for accepted articles. Show your friends your article in a magazine!

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
are u just looking for pics of t's? cause i have one of my usumbara

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is there any magazine's decated to spiders? i never seen any. i would subscribe

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
cichlidsman said:
We've had some really great articles on breeding a number of different Ts and a few cool collection and care articles. For a primarily T only mag you'd have to try the BTS or ATS newsletters (I think their banners still run on arachnoboards :? ).

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
newsletters are cool, but what about a nice colourfull mag. i wonder if it would be feesable for the Arachnoboards to start one

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
cichlidsman said:
newsletters are cool, but what about a nice colourfull mag. i wonder if it would be feesable for the Arachnoboards to start one
I wish there was a magazine on just arachnids. There are on reptiles but more people are into reptiles than arachnids. Maybe someday if the hobby keeps growing there will be one.

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The covers are intriguing, but it would be nice to read the table of contents for some of the issues as well. It would help to get an idea of what the mag is like. Or perhaps there is a sample issue to view? Or some prior article excerpts? Any of these things possible?

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tarantulas Monthly...

You know, I have thought about that. A quality, well researched magazine devoted to tarantulas. Mmm, guess I better start writing. {D

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
$16 US and $17 International.... Surely you qualify for International, even in Newfoundland!

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
cichlidsman said:
You could join the British Tarantula Society BTS .With membership you get a journal that comes out 4 times a year with some intresting articles in it.Also if you can read German,anther very good Society is the Deutsche Arachnologische Gesellschaft e.V. DeArGe .With membership you also get a journal 6 times a year.This is in German but does have a summery for the artiles in English.
There is an American Society as well but I cant comment on that as Im not a member!
Hope this helps a bit. :)

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tescos said:
You could join the British Tarantula Society BTS .With membership you get a journal that comes out 4 times a year with some intresting articles in it.Also if you can read German,anther very good Society is the Deutsche Arachnologische Gesellschaft e.V. DeArGe .With membership you also get a journal 6 times a year.This is in German but does have a summery for the artiles in English.
There is an American Society as well but I cant comment on that as Im not a member!
Hope this helps a bit. :)
thanks, but i dont like to give my card #s over the net.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
cichlidsman said:
thanks, but i dont like to give my card #s over the net.
Hi this comes from Mark Pennell BTS Webmaster.-

You don't have to use the BTS E-store to join online, even though the E-store is on a 128 bit encrypted server and you are as safe as possible to be while trading online.

You can download the credit card application form or just the membership form. Then send via snail mail, this will take a great deal longer and you may have to send cash. Contact Angela Hale for more details.

BTW the BTS Journal has been upgraded recently, and now has a full colour cover and many colour pictures along side the main articles…. Have a look at the latest journal contents for Volume 19 number 4. Also with the codes supplied to you as a member you can download 15 or more back issues many of which are in PDF format. So excellent value for money!

Last edited:

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Elizabeth said:
The covers are intriguing, but it would be nice to read the table of contents for some of the issues as well. It would help to get an idea of what the mag is like. Or perhaps there is a sample issue to view? Or some prior article excerpts? Any of these things possible?
I will put a preview page on the 'to do' list. Thanks.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello "MantidAssassins",

MantidAssassins said:
I know there's a bunch of T experts on the board. I'm looking for any neat T articles for Invertebrates-Magazine. Color and B/W pics if possible. Free membership for accepted articles. Show your friends your article in a magazine!
I have some questions concerning the Invertebrates-Magazine I didn't find the answers to on your website:
What format does this magazine have (A5, A4,...)? How many pages does each issue have? There are four issues per year, right!? Is it full colour, mixed or black and white? And what's the impression of the Invertebrates-Magazine => when I write an article, how many would get/read it?

all the best,
Martin

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't call myself a theraphosid expert however I have many articles that you can use if you like email me for details :)