my slings molted!

yeR_NarKoTiK

Arachnopeon
my babies molted! a few days ago, but they got their new cups so i thought id take some pictures... a chaco golden knee and a curly hair :eek: im still trying to learn latin names lol. tell me what you think! sorry the pic of the curly hair isnt great :(

Attachments

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good show, chap!

The first moult w/a new sling is always exciting, and for some of us the excitement is brand new every time, no matter how many moults we live through!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats on the molts oh and
Brachypelma albopilosum-Curly hair
Grammostola aureostriata -Chaco Golden Knee

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice...looking pretty fat too!

Later,

Jake

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good looking slings.
The substrate looks a tad wet though.
?

yeR_NarKoTiK

Arachnopeon
yeah the substrate was a bit wet, i had just soaked it but its drier now. i didnt get to see them molt :( but i saw 3 legs sticking out from under the curly hairs little den ... while she/he was sitting on top of the mound so i figured it didnt clone :cool: hehe im so excited, cant wait for them to be a few inches!

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
"Precious" is a great name for the B. albopilosum, but "BR Deli" seems a bit odd for a G. aureostriata... ;P :D

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
spidergoddess said:
"Precious" is a great name for the B. albopilosum, but "BR Deli" seems a bit odd for a G. aureostriata... ;P :D
You beat me to the names spidergoddess!

I can't say by 1st person experience for curlies, but both are the faster growers of their respective families. Little Chaco's, in particular, grow vigorously in the 1st couple years of their lives.

yeR_NarKoTiK

Arachnopeon
lol my gramma took me shopping a few years ago at petco and i was looking at the tarantulas but my mom wouldnt let me have one, but my gramma said if i named it precious, she'd buy it for me. but i got a rat instead, and figured id name it precious for grams