Pondering attempting communal OBTs..

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Okay okay I know the risk and am going to be ready for them I currently have two juvies That should be matureing sooner or later [hopefully sooner with their growth rates..hell ones in premolt right now and I only expect them to be three or four motls away from maturity] and am going to breed them once they mature and will then attempt to keep them Communaly [the offspring that is] anyone else have any other experiences with this? so far the two I have have reacted bad to each other once and didn't care the two other times they've encountered each other [accidently that is]

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You stole my idea, I have a gravid female right now and was planning on doing this with 4-6 of the slings in a 33gal tank. My 2 males go along with my female great, even left one with the female for 5 weeks and he wasn't eaten. I figured that since they are semi arboreal this might work as it does with other arboreal sp.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've been planing it since I noticed hwo the responded when On of the lsings would make a mad dash during tank transfer to a larger home and ran over the others.. One time the one inside the other tank reared up.. the other two times it just movedu nder where the other was then moved off..not to mention I've heard of such great cohabititation between males and females.. perhaps since yours will begin sooner you could post your results and prgoress within this thread?

brian&goliath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was left with 6 lings afterwards as they all fed of eachother pure cannabalism

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How large was the enclosure? did they have access to food(at all times) other than each other

averagebehr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've always heard that with lots of food available and enough space for them to be within thier own territory that its likely to work only worry would be if the male matured before the females heard that in that instance the females ganged up on him and ate him. Im going to be doing this with 4 regalis slings in a nice 35 gallon hex tank using it as a center piece in as decoration in house

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
averagebehr said:
I've always heard that with lots of food available and enough space for them to be within thier own territory that its likely to work only worry would be if the male matured before the females heard that in that instance the females ganged up on him and ate him. Im going to be doing this with 4 regalis slings in a nice 35 gallon hex tank using it as a center piece in as decoration in house
Best of luck to you with your regalis slings, I hope it will work with my P.murinus slings once the eggs are laid and they hatch out!