Food!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey, i have many pinheads, my B.smithi, and 2 curlyhairs have not eaten anything since Thanksgiving(11/28/02) should i feed them tommorow, cause all i give em is 1 cricket, they have been eating fine, and i just want to know if it is ok to feed the every 2 days, for example from-11/28/02(when they ate)-12/1/02(when they eat again) or should i just feed them today? Thanks,

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When they are young, I say feed them as much as they will eat. In my opinion/experience, it is kind of hard to tell how nourished they are when they are so small. So I don't mind having fat little s'lings, as it definately lets me know that they aren't underfed.

Big DRagonfly

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lots of different opinions on this subject; most top breeders only feed once a week because of the numbers of spiders they have to deal with. But they also give them multiple prey items. I usually feed one decent sized meal every other day, except for the fast growers like the T.blondi.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I feed mine at will. Sometimes often others not. Pinheads are small and feeding your slings often wont hurt them.