Some confusion?

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I purchased 20 spiderlings from a local petshop over the last month.
The first 12, I was told the were Nhandu carapoensis (Brazilian Reds) but yesterday when I decided I would get some more, I was told there was a mix up and the Brazilian Reds were mixed with Grammastola rosea (Chilean Rose) spiderlings. I decided to purchase 8 more anyway, hoping for Brazilian Reds.
To make a long confusing story short, I now have 20 spiderlings that are either Brazilian Reds or Chilean Roses.
Does anyone know how to tell them apart at the spiderling stage? They are anywhere from .25 inch to .5 inch. Maybe if anyone has pics of either spiderlings, that might help?
If not at this stage, at what size should I be able to tell them apart?
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Ralph

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

uh oh, you are in trouble, i think the Brazilian reds would be the biggest! Help me out here guys!!!

James

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
At that size you will have no way of knowing. You will have to wait it out until your slings have some size. On a side note I hate it when pet shops don't know what species they are selling. Its so irresponsible!:mad: At the vary least it's just poor customer service.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, tell me about it! I currently have a female curly hair who was sold to me as C. huahini!? Good lord! Unfortunately, it was such a tiny s'ling when I got it I had no way of knowing. About the time it began showing color, I knew something wasn't right. Urticating hairs?....on a C. huahini? :?

Then one day she molted big enough to see the tell-tale "just-rolled-out-of-bed-hairdo" and it was painfully clear that the petstore I got her from were about as knowledgable of T's as a bag of hammers. I just hope they didn't sell some kid a B. albopilosum that turned out to be a C. huahini. "Man, why's my curly so friggin mean? They said this was a docile sp.!" LOL!

Atrax

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
Yeah, tell me about it! I currently have a female curly hair who was sold to me as C. huahini!?
Atrax
Isn't there also quite a price difference there as well? What'd you say to the store, anything?

Bill