I hate pets stores!

maxwellxxv

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got for free a rosey. the pet store had this big girl for a while. they got sick of having her and had her on the floor tucked away..I was talking to the owner and he said it just wont sell..i played dumb and said i will take it off his hands for free.. he said ok..i should have saved her weeks ago!!! she is huge and in great health!! I will post a pic very soon of her.. i felt so bad for her

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pet stores and profits...

I posted a thread regarding this subject a few weeks ago. I am constantly appalled by the way pet stores house their T's. Whether it's ignorance or they couldn't care less is does strike a nerve in us.
Profits come before comfort. The bright lights, no humidity and the infamous sponge in the water dish that has become a cesspool of rotting crickets.
When I happen upon this infraction I ask for the manager and convey to him my concerns. Most managers just look at me as if I forgot my Zoloft that morning, walking away with eyes rolled back. Be careful how you present your case. I always introduce myself and give the manager my business card. The I proceed in a calm fashion to educate the poor bastard.
There have been instances where a small crowd gathers and that usually puts pressure on the manager to at least "listen" to my lament.
If your concern is put forth in a constructive fashion it will reach farther than just yelling at them.
There is one store here in Fort Wayne that I "educated", and two weeks later the herp girl called me and said,"Thank you, we have done what you suggested and have had NO deaths since". :)
The following week the manager called me to secure an account for purchasing all of his T's exclusivley from me.
My first pet store account. :)
It doesn't take much effort to create a decent temporary abode for a T.
It's how you present your case.
:D

maxwellxxv

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes. it is nice to grab a good one free...and she is in great health!! she is huge and is always climbing digging and stuff.. my son just fell in love with her.and he didnt want anything to do with our new friends!!! Now well.he is hooked!! lol....as far as the pet store goes he wont be getting any more. thank god..

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you know forsure that it is a female? Did you put in a new home? or is it still in what you got it in? If it is in a new home and it is a female, the climbing will stop in a week or to.

maxwellxxv

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OH yes new home. she is very comfortable. laid down a web ate some crix..and she rearranged the whole place..she is beautiful.. I will be posting pics of her late tonight!!!!!