betta tank for enclosure?

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i just got a betta and betta tank (i know that don't belong in here :8o ).
but looking at the betta tank i thought...hey drill a few holes in it (diff. tank - with no fish in it..lol)maby close up the bigger openeings on the lid...it would make a cute tank for a sling..especially an avic (even comes with a little plastic plant to climb on).
what do you think?
those tanks are ~3.00 at walmart.
dianne

just an idea :p

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a bunch of em for my slings...they work great...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I can't see why it wouldn't work good. Especcially for a small Avic

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup

I already have a bunch of them. I like that there is a secure divider so I can partition it off into 2 compartments for the really tiny slings. The divider fits into slots on the sides and lid so there's no way around it. Then when they're bigger, remove one sling and the divider and it's still good for one larger sling. Petland wants about $8 for them, but they're half that in Walmart.

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I kept my versis in the little cups the betta comes in. They're about 8 oz volume, and the slings stayed in there until they were 1.50", but I think some people might still keep them in that size enclosure even larger that that.

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
2 questions...

1) are the slots in the top big enough so that a 3/4" GBB can get through them?

2) how do you secure the lids?

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Randomosity said:
2 questions...

1) are the slots in the top big enough so that a 3/4" GBB can get through them?

2) how do you secure the lids?
you could secure the lid with some tape, and yes the slots are big enough for a 3/4" sling to get through.

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use those betta cups too! I fill them 3/4 with peat, put a vial cap for a water bowl and a little hide. They dig themselves in and I have pet dirt! {D

There are vents in the top, and I put holes all around the top as well. A little duct tape makes a perfect hinge on one side and latch on the other! You know the maxim: If you want it to move use WD40, and if you don't want it to move, use duct tape!

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
but right now...I have the slots covered and the lid held down by a copy of Norman Mailer's "The Executioner's Song"