Free Range Spiders

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Does any body have any this year ? As of now I have 2. The first one, was cuaght in Mrderanged's back yard. Thanx again Scott. If anybody can help with the ID feel free. I let them loose in my kitchen, and I chuck crickets at there webs each night.

Attachments

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great pics. It's amazing. Earlier I was trying to talk my roommate into letting me turn a garden spider loose in the living room. He didn't go for the idea.

Do they just stick to one area when kept inside? I know they do in the wild but don't know if there is any difference due to conditions.

biznacho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We had one residing above our door. Tossed it a few crickets. But one night it just up and died.

We also get jumping spiders around our house. I like those 'cus they take care of any escaped crickets.

biznacho

chad11990

Arachnopeon
i have two rosies loose,[only one was set loose on purpose though]lol :}
a bunch of of wolf spiders and a couple of brown recluses that i cant get but see sometime's :mad:

chad11990

Arachnopeon
philth, the secound one is called a banana spider here in FL, i got a bunch around my house and one on my porch they get pretty decent sized,have very strong webs and love crickets :}

Lucretia

Arachnopeon
I believe the first is Araneus diadematus unless North America has a different but related species...

Excellent pictures.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I ave brown recluses running around my building...though I didn't put them there. They don't really bother me, but I'm super careful about making sure they're not on anything I pick up. I've caught a few and put them in vials, but more pop up. I also have house spiders and the occaisional wolf spider in there.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
chad11990 said:
i have two rosies loose,[only one was set loose on purpose though]lol :}
a bunch of of wolf spiders and a couple of brown recluses that i cant get but see sometime's :mad:

Why in the living hell would you let a rosie go on purpose???!!!!

If you ask me, it doesn`t sound too smart.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have common house spiders around the house. I help them out with their eggsacs. Mist them. Feed them.

I like the cob webs and all they leave behind. When the eggs hatch, The babies run around and webs are all over my room. Really cool stuff! :cool: