Brachypelma vagans a beautiful underated hobby classic!

Pixie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pretty!!!

I'm getting two females myself in a week or two, I can't wait!

Very nice pics! Thanks for sharing :)

Pixie

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful, cant wait to get mine! One question though, do they grow fast, medium or slow? This will be my first time raising slings, so im so excited! lol

~Crystal

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hiya well my females 16 months old and 5.5 inches from a micro dot of less than quarter of an inch leg span

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow very pretty, a lot of guys here been saying good things about B. vagans lately, maybe i should get one. :)

I always thought Brachys are slow grower, but i think vagans are the exceptions.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
my adult female just molted, and I had a male mature a month ago, so I'm gearing up for a B vagans breeding project here. They are absolutely a stunning spider, very underrated IMO.
Mine have a bit of a testy temperment, but are hardy, and eat like pigs. I think it's a must for any collection....

xelda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's beautiful. Great pictures, too.

MeteoRa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very nice pictures....you use makro setting to shoot those close up...
detail.... :D

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Whoa, baby! I think if more of the vendor sites had pics of that quality they'd be much better appreciated by people who've never owned one! Great T!

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with you all. A truely underrated species. I have two and they also have a hearty temperment but are so pretty and quite fast growers and awesome eaters.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Boy, that makes me miss my B. vagans, whom I lost to a moult gone wrong a few months ago. I would love to find another adult female of this species, or better yet, have an opportunity to go down to Jupiter, FL, and capture some myself! Mine was a bit flighty and liked to kick hairs but was no worse than my B. boehmei, and I never saw even the slightest threat display from her. Like my B. boehmei, she was fine once she got on my hand. They are just pretty spiders to look at, and it's ashamed that there aren't more available.

pitbulllady

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have got a B vagans male and female, i tried mating them but having so success, heres a pic of my male and female "trying" to mate, she is having none of it :p, typicial female

Attachments