Back in business :)

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I'm back into pedes...

Steven, yeah...I just couldn't resist this beast.

Anyone who know what species it is? I've heard it from Peru... ;P

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great Aftershock...it's about time! :)

This used to be called Scolopendra Gigantea Robusta back around 1998 when it was in the pet trade. "robusta" was thought to be some centipede from Mexico....if I remember correctly. Anyway, I think it is undescribed so it is now known as "Scolopendra Species" Peru......It is probably not even from Peru in my opinion....more like Equador or Brazil.
Who cares they are still a great pet species.....mine is in premolt under it's water dish. A monster is always cool to have.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
yow yow yow Martin,... great you've chosen the dark path again :D ;)
from which dealer did you got it ?
i haven't been to Hamm :8o (something came between)

But i guess you didn't need me to buy all the good stuff {D
i still ow you a couple of drinks btw ! :)

and what did ya girlfriend said about the new pet ? :? ;)

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Bob>>>Thank's, but I was just sarcastic...:) Just wanted to tease the US guys on the board that have major problems getting Peuvian giants. ;P

Steven>>>I don't know the name of the dealer, but the plings are from a wildcaught female that his cousin(he was half peruvian) brought to him. The female was about 12-13" when she died. Only 5 plings survived and he has raised them hismself..now they are about 4-5"...and gues what I paid...10 Euros! :}

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, my girlfriend just said, "I thought you were supposed to stop buying those freaks..." Well, she doesn't have any problems with it, as long as she doesn't have to care for it. And that was the problem last time, when I went for my three months trip around asia and she took care of my animal collection.

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I sold all my pedes...I had ALOT of them. My girlfriend took care of my tarantulas, my other spiders and my millipedes. Now I'm more into spiders and I'll just stick with one centipede.

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well...You never no, If somebody shows me a Malyasian jewel...then I might get one.

I'm also thinking of getting about 30 adult S s mutilans to keep communaly in a VERY large container.