New owner, fast questions.

Oasis Inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just bought a female (I hope so anyway!) Archispirostreptus gigas. I held it in the store, checked it out (not sure what I was looking for aside from missing parts and bugs), and now it's sitting in her tank. My questions are. 1: If this thing bites, how bad is it going to be? 2: She wasn't kept correctly in the store, so is there anything special I should do to help it adust or will it be fine with proper care now?

Sorry the questions are so trivial, but I'm new to this type of animal (first one EVER!) and I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It doesnt bite, but may try and nibble if it thinks you taste good. :rolleyes:

(no sarcasm there if you were wondering)

dragonfly

Arachnopeon
Keep the tank moist and feed the millipede cucumber, mushrooms, apple, fishfood, vegitables you can try a lot, if they don't like they don't eat it.
(sorry for my bad english)
Rgds,

Dragonfly.

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I found they seem to like yellow squash the best !

Oasis Inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm going to feed her tonight when I get home. I keep a mix of around 12 veggies in the freezer all the times (for both my Sugar gliders and Cunningham skink), so I'll thaw them out and see if she likes it..I forget what's in it, but I'm sure there's something she'll eat.

She's been doing great. Loves to dig (or just hide her head anyway). I couldn't be more pleased with it!

Thanks for the advise too!