Cross breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elson

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anyone ever think about breeding 2 different species (cross breeding)? i've seen an example like b.smithi and b.emilia but izzit possible for other species like , h.lividium and h.minax or a.avic and a.metallica?? or izzit for certain species? :? i've heard that , cross breeding is not encouraged and the only thing achieved through cross breeding is uncertainty. izzit true??
i'd really like to know more about cross breeding , could anyone please share some info or knowledge ... :)

Last edited:

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Short and sweet response for you:

Crossbreeding is generally looked down upon. If you do it, don't sell the offspring. Last, but not least, do a search using the keyword "hybrid" or "crossbreeding". There have been numerous threads on this.

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
its a good idea trying to cross breed .. but i'd not risk it, who knows, both male and female might just die... perhaps keep us posted when u have a successful crossbreed !

Elson

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Randychuah said:
its a good idea trying to cross breed .. but i'd not risk it, who knows, both male and female might just die... perhaps keep us posted when u have a successful crossbreed !
puki

well ok... :)

Elson

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Randychuah said:
both male and female might just die...
puki

hmmm maybe you're right , but first ... i don't have the knowledge to do this "cross breeding project" that's y i'm here to seek for some info and knowledge.... :)

Last edited:

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
perhaps u might wanna try searching the web or this forum for any relevant threads or info

bman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've read about cross breeding attempts before. The offspring generally looks worse than the parents, and in most cases is sterile.

Status
Not open for further replies.