I'm making a T Room...

SeanJo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
K, I'm makin a T room and I have a few q's for anyone on here who has one or has made one..

1)How can I keep the temp. at ~80?
2)How can I regulate the humidity to ~60-70?
3)Should I put them in a room with a window or 2 for light, or could I put them on a light with a timer?

Thanks for any input..

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SeanJo said:
K, I'm makin a T room and I have a few q's for anyone on here who has one or has made one..

1)How can I keep the temp. at ~80?
2)How can I regulate the humidity to ~60-70?
3)Should I put them in a room with a window or 2 for light, or could I put them on a light with a timer?

Thanks for any input..
If the room is usualy on the cloder sider then you could use a plug-in heater and and thermometer.

what is the usual humidity were you live? just a water dish is most of the time good enough. i guss it depends on the kind of t you are getting.

most spiders like it in the dark. no lights in my tanks, the window lets in some light.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
you can get a humidifier to keep the humidity where you want it, or a vaporizeer (people with kids (not me), will know what i mean).

and space heaters work well to keep the temperature up,

SeanJo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ya, the thermostat is kept at 70 in my house so i'll probably need to get a plug-in heater and thermometer.. i already have these so thats no problem.

i live in texas... down here its always real humid. i'm sure the water dish will be fine..

thnks for your reply cichlidsman! :)

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if the temp is set at 70 degrees....do you have central AC? if so you will need a humidifier as most central AC units have a tendancy to remove humidity. Hence "air conditioner" simply leaving a bucket of water in a corner or using a humidifier will do the trick. the water from the bucket will evaporate an the humidifier will, well uhh humidify LOL. seeing as you want 80 degrees, simply close all the AC vents in the room and the room will not get to 70 degrees, it should hover between 75-80. kee the door closed and the "outside AC" from the house wont really get in the room. if keeping the door closed makes it colder then simply keep it open. I am assuming you have central AC as you live in texas. being in texas and having it humid wont make a difference if you have the windows closed and no way for humidity to get in.
good luck!