Help identifying my T

gdfelas

Arachnopeon
I bougth my first T yesterday. The lable says Star Burst Baboon. Cant find much about him or her its orange in color and very aggrssive.
Thanks

Attachments

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"OBT" Orange Bitey Thing, aka Usambara Baboon :)
Ive never had one, but, from what ive been told, they're quiet fiesty and their venom can be quite painful. Not to mention speed demons.

Use Caution!

~Crystal

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards! That is a P. murinus, affectionately reffered to as "obt"s by us T people. (orange bitey thing). They are pretty high strung, very fast, and need to be given alot of respect. Do a quick search and you'll find tons of info on them! :D

EDIT: {D Crystal, you are FAST! Where'd you come from? {D

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh, forgot to mention, gorgeous T you've got there :) Can't wait to get one of my own!

Edit: Wayne, I forgot to mention, im also a speed demon, haha,....:D

~Crystal

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thegeckobarn said:
oh, forgot to mention, gorgeous T you've got there :) Can't wait to get one of my own!

Edit: Wayne, I forgot to mention, im also a speed demon, haha,....:D

~Crystal
Respect! ;)

gdfelas, (great flick btw), you can keep them on the dry side, they'll make some great webs, my adult female has three tube entrances to her burrow, heck, even the slings make unbelievable webs! I have two now, and one's even trying go give me threat displays, except he keeps rolling over on his back when he does! {D

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bet that is cute as heck, Wayne, id love to see a picture of that! lol.

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just rehoused 16 little obt slings. They were running all over the place. One got up my sleeve, another one ran under my shelving etc.. It was a real experience getting them all housed. None of them were showing any threat displays though!

Edit: You should also get us a picture of it's underside. Try using your cameras setting for close up pictures when you do. That way we can tell you the sex of your spider. If it's a mature male it's only going to live another year or maybe less.

Last edited:

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
NO ONE Mentioned Escape Artists!!! they escape...leaving you in a state of constant horror!! The fear of putting on your pants...reaching into your panty drawer....Putting on your shoes becomes an act of great courage!! Walking to the kitchen in the middle of the night to get the baby a bottle becomes a obsticle of bravery and unimaginable terror!! Small things you see moving out of the corner of your eye becomes orange and evil!! (usually only a dust bunny but still!!) Reaching into dark corners leaves you covered in goosebumps of fear--Picking up stray dirty clothes from the floor makes you scream in terror!!

Of course if they dont escape theyre wonderful pets!! Very intriguing! They're full of personality (albeit evil) and make the most INCREDIBLE webs!!

Good luck...and LOCK THE CAGE!!!!

Michelle

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
OldHag said:
NO ONE Mentioned Escape Artists!!! they escape...leaving you in a state of constant horror!!
LOL escape artist? I thought your kids left the cage open! I think your trying to scare the poor guy.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OldHag said:
NO ONE Mentioned Escape Artists!!! they escape...leaving you in a state of constant horror!! The fear of putting on your pants...reaching into your panty drawer....Putting on your shoes becomes an act of great courage!! Walking to the kitchen in the middle of the night to get the baby a bottle becomes a obsticle of bravery and unimaginable terror!! Small things you see moving out of the corner of your eye becomes orange and evil!! (usually only a dust bunny but still!!) Reaching into dark corners leaves you covered in goosebumps of fear--Picking up stray dirty clothes from the floor makes you scream in terror!!

Of course if they dont escape theyre wonderful pets!! Very intriguing! They're full of personality (albeit evil) and make the most INCREDIBLE webs!!

Good luck...and LOCK THE CAGE!!!!

Michelle
Give this wonderful lady alot of respect...she KNOWS what she's talking about, huh Michelle? SEE THIS!

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice T you got there, whereabouts in New England are ya?

gdfelas

Arachnopeon
Thanks

Im from the boston area. just north. Thanks for all the info. ill be taking a picture today of his under side that would be great id you guys and girls could help me tell if i got a boy or a girl.... is it easy to get them to mate so i can have little baby obts Thanks

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like everyone else said...it's a P. murinis AKA OBT (orange bitey thing) i am amazed a petshop sells those demons without a special order. I cant imagine what could happen with some kid reaching in the cage and grabbing it. beautiful T you have there, just dont let him hear you say anything bad about him, OBT's threat pose if you look at them funny.