My T. Room.

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Some people were asking me questions on another forum so I showed them a walkthrough of my T. room. I figured I'd post it here for you guys to look at too.

This is my shelving in my walk in closet. I keep it at 80 and 40-50% humidity. If humidity ever drops I'll fill a bucket with water and put it in here.

My Rosie moulted today, this is her old exoskeleton.

And this is a closeup of her fangs.

Here are an assortment of pics of my favorite T. I just think pinktoes are so cute!

Some slings in 24oz cups:

This Versicolor just moulted today.

This is another one (of 3) that will moult soon.

Here is my Cobolt's enclosure.

And a good butt shot.

And this is the goliath enclosure.

fyic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks like you have some nice T's there
your shelving looks good too

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
That's a great pic of your H. lividium, do you let it burrow??

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How long did you have the lividum? How meny inchs of substrate do you have in its tank?

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well it's got a good 4" of substrate. But it dosen't seem interested in burrowing. It's hide is one of those taco bell large drink cups. So that is really deep. It's been spending most of it's time in front of the hide though. Probably just hungry. I fed it 3 crickets 2 days ago but I'll be feeding it more today. The room is kept really dark except when I'm feeding so maybe it thinks it's in a cave allready?

cichlidsman said:
How long did you have the lividum? How meny inchs of substrate do you have in its tank?
I've only had her about 3 days now. But she's webbing the hide as you can see.

Attachments

Last edited:

MeteoRa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nice T collection... I was curious too about your H.Lividum not burrowing...

bookofenoch2003

Arachnopeon
HEy Washout

I have some of those acrylic contianers for displaying things. I have been using them for my Green bottle and my Usumbara(sp).

I noticed that some of them are used as the smaller piece at the bottom. Do you do this b/c the arboreal in nature T's go up to web. I am curious was going to get some for my A.Versicolor etc...

Is this the best way to do it for tank maint. ??

Thanks in advance for the info.

'rage, rage against the dying of the light',
Walter

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
bookofenoch2003 said:
I noticed that some of them are used as the smaller piece at the bottom. Do you do this b/c the arboreal in nature T's go up to web. I am curious was going to get some for my A.Versicolor etc...
I just used them because that is what I saw someone else doing. And it's a lot easier to feed and maintin the aborials. Although one of my versicolors thinks it is a terristrial and made his web on the ground. Makes it interesting when I try to feed or maintin that one.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MeteoRa said:
nice T collection... I was curious too about your H.Lividum not burrowing...
He only had the lividum for 3or4 days so i guess it will borrow latter.

bookofenoch2003

Arachnopeon
Hey Washout

Went to the craft store in town and picked up some more of the acrylic boxes. Took some clear joint compound of sorts and glued the cork bark to the side so when I take the bottom off it stays put.

Anyway, thanks for posting back. I am going to look at these 'doll display' boxes someone has on an arboreal cage clean post.

Later. W

Smulkin

Arachnopeon
Hehe OK Washout that's too weird - without even realizing it I had just responded in that other forum and THOUGHT the name had looked familiar. How's the humidity in the little sling enclosures? Do you boost/maintain that to get beyong the 40-50% you've got as ambient? Just curious as I have a few slings meself.

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
cool Ts u have,. guess i'll post some pics of my T too!

(heeheehee.. i know thats only a few, but i'm sure theres more to come {D )

Attachments

Last edited:

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome pics....i will have an awesome T room soon...

-Mattyb

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Smulkin said:
Hehe OK Washout that's too weird - without even realizing it I had just responded in that other forum and THOUGHT the name had looked familiar. How's the humidity in the little sling enclosures? Do you boost/maintain that to get beyong the 40-50% you've got as ambient? Just curious as I have a few slings meself.
I keep the substrate damp in the Versicolor boxes. The others I don't worry about, and just let it dry out. It's holding steady at 50% ambiant because I put 3-4 cups of water on the shelf.

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You have a collection of very nice spiders. The 2nd pic of the cobalt is very good! :clap:

I saw another member post pics on his T room so I'll do the same :cool:

These pics are abit old. It is ALOT more Ts in there now :)

I have some more pics on the room but theese 2 are showing most of the enclosures :)