Cobalt not eating after molt

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My cobalt blue molted about 2 weeks ago. It hadn't eaten anything at all. I'm relatively new to this hobbie so if you experts out there could help me out here? Thanx. BTW, she is very healthy. She is actually more agressive than before the molt. She ran at me and tried to bite me when I tried to remove her from the tank to clean it up.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
How old is she? Two weeks isn't unreasonable for an older specimen. Spiderlings and juveniles should have already recovered and started eating again, though.

Cheers,
Dave

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Iam,
Maybe she's still stressed after shedding, They are very edgy, Just leave it alone awhile, No cage cleaning ; It will probably eat soon. My cobalt sometimes takes longer then usual after a shed ,then resumes eating voraciously. Like Dave said, It's also dependent on their age how quick they recover,besides the stress factor; They feel very vulnerable after a shed. Hey Dave You are right about mealworms ,They can overpopulate,But there's worse things then free T food! Also as i'm sure we all Know home bred worms are superior to those pitiful dried up worms from the pet store. I think the extra space & work pays off with higher quality food. My main point was some people can't find or breed pinheads;mealworms bred at home could be an easy solution. As for stopping the breeding ; just refridgerate all worms , After breeding beetles will all die; Or feed them to some geckos! As some herpers used to say , If you get into culturing insects to heavily, soon you spend more time with the bugs then you do with your herps/inverts!

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Minax,

That's the one saving grace of mealworms -- taking care of several thousand is the same amount of work as caring for a dozen. Other than the space requirements, I don't mind a bit. We only have one gecko right now -- a wee little Tokay. Of course my savannah monitor might like a few (hundred) of the little wrigglies.

Cheers,
Dave

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
A beginner with a cobalt blue? Somebody didnt read the caresheet. lol.