Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi everybody, my Opistopthalmus glabrifrons has just died today :rolleyes: :(

Maybe because of the mites?

Dom

Last edited:

Spanks

Arachnopeon
I feel for you man. I'm currently treating my red-tail boa for mites so I know what boat you're in.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that Dom :(
Deaths can sure be frustrating. Are you gonna get another scorp to replace it?

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you all! ;)

Brian S said:
Are you gonna get another scorp to replace it?

I don't know if I will get a new scorpion to replace it, my mom doesn't like them :s
:(

Dom

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
leiurus said:
I don't know if I will get a new scorpion to replace it, my mom doesn't like them :s
:(

Dom

Now that just makes it worse. Don't mind her and get more scorpions!

MichiganHerp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
PIter said:
Now that just makes it worse. Don't mind her and get more scorpions!

Yea ignore the mom, get the animals you love. Our Mom wont even come over to the house because its full of tarantulas, scorps and venomous snakes.... :p

Tony and Jesika
Michigan Herpatiles

Code

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You shouldn't go against your mom's wishes if you're living at home. Is there any way you can compromise with her? Keep your scorps in the garage?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
trust me, mums are flexible, where there is a will there is a way >.<

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Code said:
You shouldn't go against your mom's wishes if you're living at home. Is there any way you can compromise with her? Keep your scorps in the garage?

That's a great idea ;) but it's getting very cold in the garage :s. Maybe in the basement?

Thanks everybody for all of your replies!

Dom

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
leiurus said:
Maybe in the basement?
There you go!!!!! As long as the basement can be kept warm. You can start you a whole herd of scorps and spiders down there :D

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Code said:
Whats she gonna do? Throw him out? He's fifteen.

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
PIter said:
I think she'll flush them in the toilet lol.

Hey! I'm fourteen not fifteen ;)

Dom

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
PIter said:
He's fifteen... exactly. That means he doesn't pay the electric, heat, food, clothing, medical, insurance, auto, or gas bills. As long as his parents are paying for his existence and provide the housing that he occupies, their word is law. This is not a difficult concept. It may be unreasonable, but INTELLIGENT, PERSUASIVE CONVERSATION works wonders... getting whatever you want (dangerous animals at that) contrary to their wishes is not going to educate them on your hobby or facilitate them eventually endorsing it. I know that today's bed-wetting liberal child psychologists would have us be our child's best friend and give them whatever they want, but this neither prepares them for the real world nor serves their best interest.

When you move out, you can have whatever you want... oh wait, there are rules in apartments as well. :rolleyes:

Behave in whatever manner suffices for your household Piter, but to advise others to behave this way is quite counterproductive for the hobby.

ArNT1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As we all know many thinks that all scorpions are super venomous and dangerous, but try to tell her about and why you want to keep scorpions. That will hopefully help. :) Maybe if she knows more about scorps she will accept :?

Last edited:

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ArNT1 said:
As we all know many thinks that all scorpions are super venomous and dangerous, but try to tell her about and why you want to keep scorpions. That will hopefully help. :) Maybe if she knows more about scorps she will accept :?

She knows they aren't all dangereous, i've been telling her. The problem is : she thinks 2 scorpions is enough :( .

Dom

Code

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
leiurus said:
She knows they aren't all dangereous, i've been telling her. The problem is : she thinks 2 scorpions is enough :( .

Dom
Being a kid sucks sometimes. But don't worry, before you know what hit you, you'll be up to your neck in bills and working 50 hours a week just like the rest of us. ;P

Then if you're lucky, your wife will let you have more than two scorps. ;)

ArNT1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
leiurus said:

Dom
Maybe if you turn and twist on her rule, you can have 2 communal setups ;P