anybody know how bad venom of Eucratoscelus pachypus would be?

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, I've never been tagged by mine so I have no clue how potent it may or may not be, but what I can tell you is that they are an awesome T and you would NOT be sorry in getting one!!!! Oh, and they're "cute" too with those big, fuzzy back legs:D Mine is really laid back, she doesn't stress or freak out very easily like some other baboon species and she just generally is pretty mellow. She has her burrow and it's a heck of a burrow (runs the entire length of the tank and has an enterence at each end) but she comes out for us to see too, especially if we don't have any lights on near her tank, she does NOT like light! She's a great little hunter and wastes no time during meal time and is, all things considered (like the fact that she IS afterall, a baboon) quite socialable. I can fiddle in her tank and do what I need to do without her coming out all fangs bared and she's never even given me a threat display for that matter.

Well....are you sold yet????:D

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Id say being an African species and a baboon spider as well that theyd have a fairly hot venom maybe similar to P.Murinus.Im not sure but Im careful around mine.

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
In my experience, it would be difficult to get bitten by one. The 5 or 6 of them that I have kept have been.......well, for baboon spiders, they've been downright cordial!

KZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not to worry!!

My little Kushinda is a very shy, retiring little thing - not at all the "typical" baboon reputation here! Of course, I have had very docile OBTs, too, as well as ... well, let's just say - I hold 'em all!!

Attachments

Mark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
~metzgerzoo~
You are funny.
I laugh at your proper words.
Good!
Also I like it
I call this little beauty ''fat leg.''

mick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree mine seems so relaxed and docile. Not anything like my old OBT.

Mick

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The genus Eucratoscelus is in the subfamily Harpactirinae, same as Pterinochilus and Ceratogyrus. I have yet to see a Ceratogyrus bite report or at least one that left an impression but everyone I'm sure has read at least one Pterinochilus (more likely, several) bite report. It stands to reason that Eucratoscelus venom could possibly cause a similar reaction to Pterinochilus venom.
Of course, any other input or information that may differentiate the Stoutleg from it's fellow subfamily members would be great to hear.

Take care.

Atrax

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
doesn't sound like a very menacing spider then! :D i would love one, they are so cute! i'll just have to see if i can scrape $36 together