Ive lost fritz- my a.huriana. Tip on finding an avic?! :O

scaramanga

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well im not sure how long he has been out of his tank for but i can see no trace of him inside the tank. Hopefully my room has been warm enough to sustain him but he could be anywhere... The tank is next to a wardrobe so ill have to look through all my clothes.

Any tips on finding him? I guessing- dark, warm places. Possibly high up but i won't rule out lower regions (if hes dead :().

UPDATE! - GOT HIM! Seems ok. He was sat at the bottom of my wardrobe on my shoe. Little rascal.

Last edited:

Spidergurl

Arachnopeon
If the inside of the wardrobe was accessable, start in there. If not, behind the wardrobe/other furniture and on/behind the curtains are good places to start but don't rule anywhere out :D

Good luck in finding him, it's unlikely it would be too cold for him indoors quite yet, unless you have a particularly cold house!

MysticKigh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on the quick find... for future reference, wait til dark, turn out the lights, and use a flashlight to pick up the webtrails they tend to leave :)

scaramanga

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
in the dark?! Im not sure if thats the best idea but im sure you know better than me. Im glad hes back in his tank, i think hes ready to molt soon. Doesnt seem to be moving much

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Avic suffering from wanderlust...

I'm glad you found him. Loose avics can be tricky to find, especially when they are slings. I had a purpurea get out once and she was on the heating duct grill in the ceiling when I found her. Going to reach for her she darted inside the heating duct and vanished. I never saw her again. :8o