Long wait for a molt goes on....

Spider_Monkey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My boyfriends' 4 year old 5" female GBB has not molted for over 2 years! She hasn't eaten much for 6 months either. She is still plump and healthy looking, though dull looking.
We've been thinking that she is getting ready for a big molt. Many moons have passed on this long wait. Any thoughts? Has anyone else seen such behavior in this species before?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Spider_Monkey said:
My boyfriends' 4 year old 5" female GBB has not molted for over 2 years! She hasn't eaten much for 6 months either. She is still plump and healthy looking, though dull looking.
We've been thinking that she is getting ready for a big molt. Many moons have passed on this long wait. Any thoughts? Has anyone else seen such behavior in this species before?

Greetings, I to have a large female Green Bottle Blue...around the 5 inch inch mark...give or take....I have had her for around 5 or 6 months...she has only eat one or two crix a month...if I am lucky...she is not fat and not skinny (I like my T.s fat) but out of all my 40 something spiders she is hands down the worst eater that I have...so... she has not molted in well over a year from what I can figure....hope fully after her next molt she will begin to eat alot more...I also have a female juvie GBB that just will not stop eating !! she is a voracious eater...the big female is wild caught...the juvie female is CB perhaps that has something to do with the eating habits...either way the GBB has to be one of my favourite spiders..

Regards, Mike :wall:

Spider_Monkey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sweet Jesus!

It seems that every time I get worried or scared enough about a situation that I ask for help or advice, the situation takes care of itself shortly.

My GBB is molting this very moment! So long I have waited! I would take some pics, but I am too nervous that I might disturb her and cause problems. Maybe I'll post pics later.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Spider_Monkey said:
It seems that every time I get worried or scared enough about a situation that I ask for help or advice, the situation takes care of itself shortly.

My GBB is molting this very moment! So long I have waited! I would take some pics, but I am too nervous that I might disturb her and cause problems. Maybe I'll post pics later.
Hey congrats Lauren! Yeah, it's an amazing thing how much those little ones know how to be those little ones after all, huh? I'm like you, the minute I start to worry, they up and do something like a spider would do!

Like to see some pics if possible?

SeanJo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now would be a great time to get a Hubby shipped to her :D :D

Spider_Monkey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
SeanJo said:
Now would be a great time to get a Hubby shipped to her :D :D
Got one already - subadult. One more molt til maturity and it looks like it will molt soon :D