water like liquid coming from mouth???

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
My N chromatus molted yesterday morining and it was just on the side of the tank and i noticed a water like liquid coming from his mouth any clue what that is??? i mean i have not sprayed the tank with water so were did this stuff come from does anyone have a clue what this is???

and the other thing when there fangs are like a dark red color i guess almost black is it OK to feed them??? thanks everyone

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As far as the " water " goes it is probably digestive fluids..they will clean there fangs like this...as for feeding wait till the fangs are black before feeding...if it just molted yesterday give it a couple more days for sure before feeding..

Regards, Mike :drool:

p.s. they are awsome spiders...I have a juvie about 2 to 3 inches and just ordered 3 more....

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
hey thanks again mike for helping me out i was getting woried i ttook some pics of the freshly molted....NC :D :D :D :D :D

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice !! I just love these spiders...there are simaler to A.geniculata I have 3 of those.. lol...but these guys are just great !! great color and big eaters and they get to a pretty good size as well... :clap:

Regards, Mike :worship:

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
ive heard 6 to possibly 9 inches is there any truth to this???

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would say 6 to 7 inches....not much more than that...if you want something around the 9 inch mark get a L.parahybana....nice looking, very big, very thick spider....huge feeding response...easy to care for...and very inexspensive to buy as slings...

Regards, Mike :clap:

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
I've seen full grown adults of both sexes in person, and I would say no more than 6".