tibial hooks

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
do male lugardis have tibial spurs?i just got one today..looking at the spermatheca im thinking its a male..no pic yet though..but it doesnt have tibial hooks,,decent size shud be an adult..do the males of this species have the hooks?

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh cool..so theyre like the murinuses?i know murinuses have hooks for sure..

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hmm cool..makes my job of sexing much easier now..thanks ppl {D ..

Spaceman_Spiff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tibial hooks only appear in adult males!
When your lugardi is an adult male it will have palpal bulbs and tibial spurs, so his gender should be very obvious.
You said something about the spermathecae, do you have an exuvium of your spider?

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nah i just got her this afternoon..i think its pretty much a she...she's around 4-5 inches and there is a spermatheca although it isnt that obvious..no pics yet though..thanks anyway!

Spaceman_Spiff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A spermatheca is an internal structure for storing sperm, it is shed with the exocuticle when a spider molts, it is not viewable on a living spider.
When your spider molts the next time, check the exuvia for a leaf-like strukture on the inside between the first pair of booklungs.

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well..watever im seeing prolly isn the spermatheca but its quite visible that its a female organ..looks like a lip in between half moon shape..