Androctonus sp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm no expert but it looks like a female A. bicolor to me.

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like A. bicolor to me too, A. mauritanicus has a lot darker chela if not pitch black and I think A. bicolor has more slender chela...

One of the best looking A. bicolors I've seen around here, very nice :)

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That is a very nice one. I also think bicolor. if there would be a doubt than i would say very maybe A. Crassicauda

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
errit said:
That is a very nice one. I also think bicolor. if there would be a doubt than i would say very maybe A. Crassicauda
A. crassicaudas can be black like that? I thought crassicauda looks more like A. australis, in fact I heard from a number of people its hard to tell the difference between A. australis and A. crassicauda...

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
no, its hard to tell crassicauda from bicolor. as far as i know, there is no blonde morph of crassicauda, they are all black or dark brown.

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
skinheaddave told me its actually hard to tell the difference between crassicauda and australis...I thought that crassicauda is always a dark species more like bicolor as well...but dave knows what he's talkin about...

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All the crassicaudas I've seen (not that many) has been red in the coloring. I don't know but I would still say A. bicolor, can't see why not.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
423 said:
All the crassicaudas I've seen (not that many) has been red in the coloring. I don't know but I would still say A. bicolor, can't see why not.
Crassicuada's are larger than bicolors!!!!

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have seen pics of many, all from keepers! and they all look a bit bigger, with much bigger pedipalps than bicolors!

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
RaZeDaHeLL666 said:
I have seen pics of many, all from keepers! and they all look a bit bigger, with much bigger pedipalps than bicolors!
Ya their chela is bulkier, but they are still the same size...

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, perhaps also crassicauda, if I remember well crassicauda have more granulated tergites than bicolor, and tergites of yours seems to be very granulated.
A.crassicauda and bicolor are about the same size (9-10cm, "Levy & Amitai, in Fauna Palaestinia")
Greetings,
Eric

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I never heard of A. Crassicauda looking like A. Australis. it simply doesn't it is far darker colored. but it can often be lighter colored than bicolor, like olive brown. But it is never yellow for as far i know. and if it is than it is probably A. Australis. I also thought that again the pedipalps were bulkier in this picture then those of A. Bicolor are. and it indeed looks more granulated.

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
RaZeDaHeLL666 said:
A. Australis is usally confused with A. amoreuxi
Yes it is. But A. Australis has a bigger (fatter) tail. And there are a few less obvious differences.