Some Preview Pics!! Brachypelma Vagans/boehmei

SpiderJoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey everybody!!

I bought a new Digital Camera!! I am sooo happy with it! Now I can show u some pics!! So keep watchin' the board , soon u'll find my gallery:D

Brachypelma Vagans Post Molt Pics!​

And my baby Brachypelma Boehmei!!​

More to come!!!​

Last edited:

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cool pics, I always like seeing a good web mat. What kind of woodchip are you using for you're substrate? If you dont mind me asking, why do you perfer chips over soil/peatmoss substrate?

SpiderJoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you:D very much, I knew that when I placed the pic it would be likely that someone would comment on the chips, I don't prefer the chips, they are just on top of the peat moss for deco :) and they are special chips for tropical animals, NOT cedar:) Just deco;) don't worry;)

All my spiders are now on Coco-peat, I still had some mold problems, the white moldy stuff came on the peat moss, so I switched to coco-peat
and my Aphonopelma Seemanni, and Haplopelma Lividum and Minax have created fantastic burrows in it! I really love the stuff! More pic's coming soon!

Regards,

Joey

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cool beans. I'll have to check up on coco peat. I've had mold prolems in the past, but almost always from introdcuing too much moisture, be it accidental or with intent to the soil.

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Beautiful T's Joey! :D How big is that Boehmei, I have one that is about 1.25" nd looks as fat as ours. They are great T's.
Mike