Calcium residue on water dish...

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I used to use calci-sand but never will again...anyway my water dish now has a massive amount of calcium residue on it, I tried soap for like 3 hours and got most of it off but about 2 weeks later its all back again, somehow, no clue how, but w/e, btw I don't use tap water if u think thats whats causing it, I use pure H2O...anyway anyone know a safe way of getting rid of it? I have CLR but I don't really think thats safe and I'm definately not gonna use it unless most of you say its ok!

This is for one of my geckos...it's a very big nice water dish, I don't want to replace it...

thanks.
-azz

Vanan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Try using vinegar. Let it soak in it and it should be easy to scrub it off then.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you could try CLR (calcium lime remover) but i would wast it really good after such a harsh chemical

xelda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You just have to wash it regularly with dishwasher detergent, like every time you replace the water. It'll eventually go away by itself. I should also mention that the residue doesn't result from sand substrate. It's from repeatedly letting the water in the bowl evaporate clean, so make sure you keep that bowl from drying out again.

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh i c, I didn't know that but it makes sense, thanks a lot...