G rosea laying eggs - the whole process

LittleMoon

Arachnopeon
*Waving hello*

Artanius and I are very new to this hobby, and we had no idea we had a female G rosea. She bagan spinning a large cup shaped web yesterday, so we started taking pictures through the whole process. Unfortunatly, we were asleep last night when she actualy laid the eggs so we missed that part. We also learned since posting here yesterday about having a sponge in the water dish.. the sponge has been removed.

Here are all of the pictures we took, 56k user warning!
http://www.triplemoonhosting.org/g-rosea/

Comments welcomed :)
Artemis

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Oh hey, you guys are in Tacoma? If your interested i'm in the area too and have some slings for sale. :) PM or IM me if your interested, or if you want to see my collection. Of course you are going to have like 600 little roseas running around if these hatch out.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
great page, nicely done!
I've not been able to catch the actual process in all 9 of my tarantula's eggsacs...
Washout, selling the slings I sent you already?! {D {D

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very neat pics, awesome quality :)
Do away with the sponge though, bad idea as it can get stuck in their fangs.

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Nvm, after reading more on your page, I see that you already know :)

~Crystal

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
hey nice pics now ill know what to look for if my female rosea is gravid i think its WC and its female with a huge abdomen...only problem is im not sure if she is a mature she is about 3.5 maybe 4 inches is she big enough to be mature????

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Immortal_sin said:
great page, nicely done!
I've not been able to catch the actual process in all 9 of my tarantula's eggsacs...
Washout, selling the slings I sent you already?! {D {D
Haha yeah, 20 was too many. I'm trying to cut down to 5. :)