BCC are my favorites

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Perfect size, wonderful colors and the majority are tame as kittens. George shed yesterday and I have been enjoying his night time colors. I lifted the lid of his enclosure tonight to remove the remains and was rewarded by his usual inquisitiveness and good nature. This one seems to love being handled but hates going back in the cage. If it weren't for the dog and numerous means of escape and entanglement I would leave him out.

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
He's gorgeous! Lovely pink coloring to him. You gotta love boas.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Bcc

That is one beautiful snake! I love the red coloring!

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Amazing colouration!!!! What is the reason for the different colours? (is there a some sort of benefit to it in the wild or something? Or is it by selective breeding?)

xelda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What a beauty. I would like to start keeping boids some day. :)

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Beautiful. Is that a Suriname?
Here's my Guyanan...

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks everyone,

Great call Iktomi, george is indeed a suriname. Your guyana is quite fetching, how old is it?

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Your guyana is quite fetching, how old is it?
I'm not sure. I haven't had him for more than 6-8 months or so. I'm guessing 2...

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow really nice snakes!!!!!
I like BCC's as well, My female boa when I bought it was sold to me as half guyanan but I don't think so because there's no widows peaks, but she is really really high bright pink so I guess I'll never know. I once bought a Guyanan but couldn't get it home....... :wall: and it was taken back!

Sam,

Silent Noise

Arachnopeon
I'm not familiar with Boids much, but are there any physical differences between BCI and BCC? Seems like they all look the same to me, how would I know if one is BCC or a BCI without documentation?

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is a sticky from the forums at ball-pythons.net that helps understand some differences -

http://www.ball-pythons.net/PNphpBB2+viewtopic-t-1896.html

also this page which the author of one post in the thread references-

http://www.boa-constrictors.com/com/com.html

Silent Noise said:
I'm not familiar with Boids much, but are there any physical differences
between BCI and BCC? Seems like they all look the same to me, how would I know if one is BCC or a BCI without documentation?