Pterinochilus Life span?

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I tried doing a search, but have yet to find the answer to my question (of course I could totally be typing in the wrong thing, but thought "Pterinochilus life expectancy" and a few others just did not work)

What is the life expectancy of the Pterinochilus sp? As far an adult female is concerned. Here is a couple pics of a female that I have aquired. From what I understand she was born at the Bronx Zoo and is around the age of 10.

Renee

Last edited:

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i personally dont know but i cant imagine they could live as long as some of the brachypelma Spp. has anyone had a pterinchlous(SP?) die of old age?

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So, I take it then she is probably due to die soon if she is already 10yrs old? How old is too old for breeding?

Renee

Pokie1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I read they usually live between 10 and 12 years. She might have some steam left in her. I dunno about max age for mating though.

Pokie1

Bean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pheonixx said:
i personally dont know but i cant imagine they could live as long as some of the brachypelma Spp.

You have just demonstrated one way in which commonly accepted misconceptions are created. If you don't know, don't speculate publicly.

Last edited: