Got a black widow!

gusman1204

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Funniest thing ever.... one of my friends who works in a grocery store, found a black widow while unpacking freshly arrived grapes... well obviously he gave it to me :) so whoever has experience with these guys, i would certainly appriciate some advices on how to keep the lil fella.... chances are its a mature female (bout half an inch body with around inch n a half leg span)..... so how do i keep it? size of enclosure, humidity anythin else i should worry bout :confused: ?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
there was a thread posted like this not too long ago...within the past week, can prob jump back a few pages and find it, or try the search engine :)

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
gusman1204 said:
Funniest thing ever.... one of my friends who works in a grocery store, found a black widow while unpacking freshly arrived grapes... well obviously he gave it to me :) so whoever has experience with these guys, i would certainly appriciate some advices on how to keep the lil fella.... chances are its a mature female (bout half an inch body with around inch n a half leg span)..... so how do i keep it? size of enclosure, humidity anythin else i should worry bout :confused: ?
Believe it or not this isn't rare at all. Happens all the time. It is the exact way that my friend got some of his widows. Oddly, it happens to Safeway the most.

Keep it like an arboreal, but you don't need to provide as much vertical room and you would a T. Black widows are easy to care for, except for the part where the rush to the opening when you open thier cage for a crix. They also have a short lifespan of only a year, maybe two. Good luck and don't get bit, it won't be a fun experience.