Does anyone have experience with....

misfitsfiend

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anyone have any experience with this pyramid scorpion? whats it like? how big do they get? temperment? comunal? toxicity? :?

Last edited:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nobody knows. Botar told me that they were shipped in a box that said Tanzania on it. He also said that doesn't mean that is where they are from. It is an undescribed species. I saw some at a show and they were 2-3 inches but nobody knows if that is as big as they get. I wish now I would have brought one home with me. As far as toxicity...they might pack a wallop but nobody knows for sure.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you sure your "pyramid scorpion" is not a B.arenicola or leptochelys ?
If it's that so they don't come from Tanzania...
Greetings,
Eric

misfitsfiend

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well there really cool looking, I guess I could try some out whenever I get the money. They dont seam like they would get very big.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ythier said:
Are you sure your "pyramid scorpion" is not a B.arenicola or leptochelys ?
If it's that so they don't come from Tanzania...
Greetings,
Eric
Nobody here seems to know what it is. I think there is a picture of one at www.swiftinverts.com
See if you can ID it Eric. I am also curious to see what these are.

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mm..I'm not sure of the species but I'm almost sure that this desertic buthidae doesn't come from Tanzania..
In my opinion it looks like a Buthacus (arenicola or leptochelys, very common here in Europe, especially in Germany) ...but looks like also many Buthidae (perhaps also Odontobuthus odonturus)
Greetings,
Eric

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It looks like an Odontobuthus odonturus but I think it's missing the tail "teeth-like" granulation of this specie, a side photo would be better in order to confirm it's an O.O..

I looks more like a buthacus sp. to me.