What's a snow white cricket with wings?!

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Went to feed my G. pulchra and found a thing that looked like a snow white cricket with black dot eyes and long body length wings. I took it and another cricket out and flushed it. But what the hell was it and where did it come from? :confused: My T. seems fine, but I'm a little freaked out. Any ideas out there? :?

Thanks,

Allen

maxwellxxv

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
crikets molt like t s. they are white..and there is an exoskelitone some where in tank.. it is normal...dont leave crickets in the enclosure for to long they stress the T..

xanadu1015

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol Got to see a moulted cricket for the first time huh? I can understand your worry, but it won't hurt your T to feast on it. Next time, just pop it in and let them have at it.

Laura

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool, thanks for the info. ;) I knew you guys had the answers. :worship: It must have been hiding behind my T's hide. My T "Noxema" (Wesley Snipes character) doesn't eat on a regular basis. Sometimes Noxie eats like a fiend and other times not at all. I wish It would hurry up and molt so I can tell the sex and so it will start feasting again. :wall:

Thanks,

Allen

xanadu1015

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unfortunately T's moult on their own schedule. Its hard being patient isn't it?

Laura

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hjlantern said:
Went to feed my G. pulchra and found a thing that looked like a snow white cricket with black dot eyes and long body length wings. I took it and another cricket out and flushed it. But what the hell was it and where did it come from? :confused: My T. seems fine, but I'm a little freaked out. Any ideas out there? :?

Thanks,

Allen
Heh, the cricket just spent the last hour or so putting every ounce of energy it had shedding it's exosekelton, only to be flushed down the toilet. {D I usually reward them by chucking them in with a hungry T.

Soft 'n Chewy. :drool:

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
xanadu1015 said:
Unfortunately T's moult on their own schedule. Its hard being patient isn't it?

Laura
I have never been the patient type. :eek: I'm an "instant" person. I believe life should be like a remote control. If you want it to happen just press "select" and you're there. :D

ShaunHolder said:
Heh, the cricket just spent the last hour or so putting every ounce of energy it had shedding it's exosekelton, only to be flushed down the toilet. I usually reward them by chucking them in with a hungry T.

Soft 'n Chewy.
LOLO. Kind of like having a nice New York cheese cake I guess. {D

T-kid's mom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
xanadu1015 said:
lol Got to see a moulted cricket for the first time huh? I can understand your worry, but it won't hurt your T to feast on it. Next time, just pop it in and let them have at it.

Laura
Not only will it not hurt your T, we've found that they seem to take these as a special treat. Even a finicky T will usually pounce on a white cricket!

Susan

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
The first time I saw a white (freshly molted cricket) it really made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I had only four crickets left in the container and when I checked back later, I found three normal crickets, one dead cricket (the shed exuvia), and one very very white ghostly looking cricket. I was beyond being freaked out... :eek:

8SEXYLEGS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, molted crickets look kind of freaky, like ghost crickets or albino crcikets. I didn't know that T's perferred freshly molted ones over the others. I guess the like their food fresh!

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah I saw a few of those molted crix before, sometimes I'll wait for them to harden up and then feed them to my Ts.....so they can be CRUNCHY!!! :D

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hjlantern said:
I have never been the patient type. :eek: I'm an "instant" person. I believe life should be like a remote control. If you want it to happen just press "select" and you're there. :D

LOLO. Kind of like having a nice New York cheese cake I guess. {D
Man, I'm never going to be able to eat cheese cake the same again! {D
It can be kind of freaky seeing them for the first time. The first time I saw one I thought it was sick and tossed it! :8o

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The 1st time I saw a white cricket was when i had opened a box from reptilefood.com. I was like "WOW!!! I got a special cricket in here. He is an albino! Neat... I wanna keep him." Yep I sure felt stupid when my b/f told me that there was nothing special about him. He had just moulted. :8o

xanadu1015

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It is kind of like a special treat for your T's....not so great for the crickets {D lol

Laura