question on a arboreal molt???

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
hey everyone ok well i walked in on my P ornata about 1.5 maybe 2" in this hammock looking web and i would guess its considered on its back i have never seeen a arboreal T molt and it only ate like 4 or 5 days ago so i was not expecting it to molt so soon...i guess my Q is...is this how they molt in a hammock looking web?? and also i dont see any movement or leg twicthing and stuff like that its looks like its jut laying there relaxing on its back..???
it could not be in this position long as i checked on it an hour ago to see if the temps were ok and there was nothing there but now theres the hammock web aand with it just laying there on its back....thanks everyone for the help

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
arborels are weird when it's time to molt. My A. avicularia have molted on the ground, in the waterdish, up high etc...dont worry, they know what they are doing. from what i have seen they molt just like any other T. Arboreals must have it geneticly encoded to be able to molt high up and not fall...

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have some P.regalis slings about 2 1/2 inches and they always make a mat up high and molt off the ground...

Good Luck...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've had them molt in all different positions, both horizontal and vertical. Don't sweat it...it'll molt in any of them...

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
ok well ill keep my on the little one and ill post a pic in about 45 mins or so ive got to wait for my little bro to get back with the camera....thanks for putting my mind a little at rest i get so nervous when i see them molt i guess i just want everything to go OK....thanks

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
ok well believe it or not i just checked and its almost finished molting yeah yeah anyway it has not even been 30 mins and its doing great looks like it got huge too :D :D {D {D :D {D thanks everyone ill post some pics as soon as my cam gets here