One Big-A** Avicularia

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I was just musing over how huge this Avic was today and decided to take a pic. Think it's just a Guyana variant or perhaps Braunshauseni? I don't think it's metallica (my adult female metallica is dwarfed by this monster).

It's also a bit nippy - I used a large spoon to guide her out for photographic and she launched herself onto it, wrapped her legs around it and attacked!

I'm guessing her max. diagonal legspan would be somewhere around 6.5", maybe even 7!

bill

Attachments

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Looks like a braunshauseni to me. Most A.avics ive seen are darker. The brauns have a bluer tint and are the largest(and meanest) of this genera.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Ive got one of those ! And shes (I think) still REALLY tiny ! Cant wait to see her morph into this huge spider !

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
I was just musing over how huge this Avic was today and decided to take a pic. Think it's just a Guyana variant or perhaps Braunshauseni? I don't think it's metallica (my adult female metallica is dwarfed by this monster).

It's also a bit nippy - I used a large spoon to guide her out for photographic and she launched herself onto it, wrapped her legs around it and attacked!

I'm guessing her max. diagonal legspan would be somewhere around 6.5", maybe even 7!

bill
Looks like braunshauseni, and the temperament sounds like it, too. Gorgeous spider!

Joy

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well thats neat to hear that my 1 1/2" girl I call Sage will grow up to have a nice little attitude to deal with. Can't wait!!!! Right now she is a big sweetheart.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
Well thats neat to hear that my 1 1/2" girl I call Sage will grow up to have a nice little attitude to deal with. Can't wait!!!! Right now she is a big sweetheart.
someone gave me several 1" s'lings of this sp. I really did not want them but I guess he was having a hard time selling them......
Ed