Cause of death?

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi all,

Might remember my thread from a few days ago...

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=36811

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what may have caused the death of this little pulchra. To summarise I got it on Wednesday morning last week and the heat pack it was supplied with obviously ran out. When I got it it was on its back in a death curl but came round after being left at room temp. I asked on another forumand was told not to bring it's temperature up too quickly and so after an hour or so I put its tub on a 7watt heat mat which was under a cloth.
The wee mite came round quite well but always seemed a bit clumsy. On Thursday it didn't do much until night time when I noticed a downward spiral in its condition. It was very sluggish and seemed unable to coordinate its movements properly. I left it in a warm ICU over night and when I woke up it was on its back so I assumed it was moulting. However on Saturday morning it was still on its back and so I assumed it had died... I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on what may have went wrong though I have an idea that it suffered badly from the cold given the state it was in when I got it.

Wednesday

Thursday night

Here are a few pictures taken on the Friday night

Cricket is headless by the way

chique

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aww I'm sorry to hear that, sad you never got to enjoy your T. It could have just been an annoyingly simple reason like a combination of stress and temp change? It's not easy to say, I gather the T was in tip top health before it was sent your way? Surly the dealer you got it from offers a guarentee, considering it sounds like the 'damage' was caused in transit they should replace/refund. I know that won't aliviate your annoyance/sadness about your loss but it does'nt sound like you did anything wrong so I would go back to the sorce.

Take care

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah sounds like something went wrong in shipping. I would definatly talk to the dealer you got it from.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have talked to them and they are being very iffy about things. I got an injured millipede in the same package so I'll be annoying them for a bit yet. :mad:

rbpeake1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Shipping Trouble

Crunchie said:
I have talked to them and they are being very iffy about things. I got an injured millipede in the same package so I'll be annoying them for a bit yet. :mad:
Keep on annoying them! They should stand behind what they sell and ship!

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well could you tell us who you bought it from? so we don't purchase something from them? I don't want any Ts to die on me... :mad:

-Mattyb

fyic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I 2ND THAT

Mattyb said:
Well could you tell us who you bought it from? so we don't purchase something from them? I don't want any Ts to die on me... :mad:

-Mattyb

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mattyb said:

-Mattyb
I assumed that because this forum was attached to Swifts Inverts I wasn't allowed to. If I'm wrong I shall gladly name and shame but they are a UK based dealer anyway.

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
Of course you can rat out the dealer. There is a whole section for just that under "dealer reviews".

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Crunchie said:
How was the millipede injured? Do u tink it was from the dealer or maybe the ppl at the post office are to blame for that? How is the millepede, considering it was in the same Cold pack?

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Here's what was wrong with the millipede it had obviously suffered from an old injury. I asked the dealer to send me a particular sex which they managed to get right so I'm annoyed that they obviosly saw the state it was in and sent it anyway.
I'm sending the little pulchra back today and I will make a post on the dealer review forum to tell of my unfortunate experience with this dealer as soon as the matter is resolved.

Last edited:

Sandra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good luck Crunchie. Hope they do resolve it to your satisfaction.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I just recieved an Email saying I have another pulchra winging its merry way to me as we speak. My concern is that it's freezing tonight in Oxford and I'm worried the same thing may happen again. :(