unknown..

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey anyone has any ideat this sp is? sorry for the really poor pic as it was taken from my camera phone..i came across it today..im suspecting a thorelli..it has black stripes on a yellowish abdomen..its carapace is also yellowish..its legs are all black with red hairs..it has 7 legs though as one is missing..is it okay if u get it guys??wat do u think?

Attachments

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no seriously.. i need help cos i dunno whether to get it or not..lol

chique

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jeff, we know you serious that you considering buying the blur, but I don't anyone could identify that pic. Sorry mate, can't you get a better pic even with a phone cam?

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
perhaps a new born black lab puppy oh wait thats a T ;P ...i say buy it and then figure it out... :D

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol i tried pesturing it out in the open but it won't budge!!! i'll try again tomorrow and ill post it again.. :p

Bort

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It looks like my murinus, but from the stripes you describe, I'm not sure. I don't think my murinus sling has any stripes.

-Bort

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats one of those unidentified happo sp. the like black brid eater like the longipedium or something like that

Tarantula-Kid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh Josh, I don't think anyone but God could identify that spider. If you like the way it looks and it isn't expensive buy it. But maybe if you have to think this much about it you don't really want it. I'm learning...

Elizabeth

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yea but if its a c. thorelli then i wud buy it..the problem is that it has only 7 legs..other than that its healthy..if it IS a thorelli shud u guys think i shud get a 7 legged T from a petshop?

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't tell what species the blob is, maybe a better picture?

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well it depends how much is it??and think about it where is a 7 legged T safer at your house or a pet shop ..and you never know might be worth more then the pet shop says...or after you get it and find out what it is ..someone here might have been looking for that exact species

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What is C. thorelli?

I think You mean Cyriopagopus schioedtei. But I think, that on the blurry picture, is not a schioedtei.

You've got any better pix?

EDIT: By the description of Yours, it could be an C. schioedtei (common name: Malaysian Earth Tiger).

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yea thats wat i was thinking..the T was sitting in its web with its legs all scrumpled up..i was tinkin that Ts generate new legs and so it shudn be a problem in the future..its around USD34..im afraid that it might be WC and might contain parasites..looks like a female but i can say its still a juvie.. :)

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
jeffh_x said:
yea but if its a c. thorelli then i wud buy it..the problem is that it has only 7 legs..other than that its healthy..if it IS a thorelli shud u guys think i shud get a 7 legged T from a petshop?

I don't think there is anything wrong with buying a 7 legged T from a pet store. i bought a male T.Blondi with 7 legs and he just molted and now he has 8 (needless to say that the leg he grew back is smaller than all the rest) but every T deserves to have a good home, and deserves to be loved. :)

-Mattyb

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tarantula-Kid said:
Oh Josh, I don't think anyone but God could identify that spider. If you like the way it looks and it isn't expensive buy it. But maybe if you have to think this much about it you don't really want it. I'm learning...

Elizabeth

The most common sense I've heard all day!!

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
jeffh_x said:
hey anyone has any ideat this sp is? sorry for the really poor pic as it was taken from my camera phone..i came across it today..im suspecting a thorelli..it has black stripes on a yellowish abdomen..its carapace is also yellowish..its legs are all black with red hairs..it has 7 legs though as one is missing..is it okay if u get it guys??wat do u think?

Pretahiti Gauguini

8SEXYLEGS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
jeffh_x said:
You know what I would do? I would try to see if the petstore would maybe sell it to you for 25 $. You can say that because it's missing a leg, you want a discount. I saw a T. blondi the other night, for 80 $, with a missing leg. I know they can regenerate legs, but if I'm dropping that kind of cash, I want soemthing that's fully intact, with all of it's appendages.