easy to clean, simple arboreal cage?

str33tsk8rx

Arachnopeon
does anyone have any ideas for a simple arboreal cage setup thats easy to clean? is it possible to not use a substrate or to use paper towel or something? anyone try this?

dkny_stylez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i use "forest floor" substrate, with a piece of cork bark leaned agained the side, and fake leaves attached to the back for her to climb.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I described my breeder set-ups in another thread a while back. I use Sterlite tall file boxes with snap-on lids. I drill holes along the top and about midway down the container. I put a piece of 3 inch black plastic drain pipe in one corner standing on end as tall as the container. I cap it with a test cap and cut a hole in the side with a hole cutting bit. (about 2.5 to 3 inches in diameter) Then I wire the pipe into the corner to prevent any accidents. 1 inch or so of peat moss in the bottom, a nice big shallow water dish and it's ready for the T.

It isn't pretty and will never win any photo contests, but it is a proven set up for breeders.

Botar

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well with aboreal you could turn the container upside-down (lid on the bottem) since they hang aound most the time towards the top. that way you could take the bottem off to clean without escaping (of course i had an avic that hung around the bottem, so that wouldn't work for me :eek: )

dianne

DracosBana

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I haave some small containers set up upside down like that. As I was misting for hte first time, my sling decided to go skydiving. From shoulder height (and I'm 6'2") It jumped to the floor and started running. Luckily I got the container over it before it could reach my pile of clothes on the floor. Now I only mist over the sink with the drain plugged. :)