Bad Day for DOA :DOA Androctonus Bicolors

Nocturnal

Arachnopeon
My wife ordered me 1.1 Bicolors for Christmas. They showed up today late. So very upsetting. I didn't get them alive even and am so very upset over the poor babies. :( My wife doesn't like scorps or spiders and even she was really upset over the loss of the little creatures. We can only think of how they suffered or how they would have been had they been ok. UPS delivered them at 4pm today and he nocked once, threw them by the door and took off like a shot. By the time I got to the box he was allready taking off in the truck. Funny, I cannot seem to be able to get ahold of the dealer either. :wall: We are so so depressed right now. What a horrible day we have had since they arrived DOA.

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am very sorry for your loss. Anytime an animal is lost during shipping is a thoroughly distressing experience. Who did you order from if you don't mind me asking?

I hope this doesn't keep you from getting this species in the future, as they really are wonderful little scorps.

Kindest kindest,

Kevin P.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
you make me wanna cry. ;( Poor little guys. FedEx tried to give me a 24 hour delay. I went crazy and had to go over an hour away to save em. ;(

Nocturnal

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I tried getting ahold of the dealer by phone to no avail; and then by email and never got a tracking number or you would have seen me flying down the roads to find them too.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you got them from a reputable dealer they should replace them for you. Don't get too discouraged. These are awesome scorps to keep.

Nocturnal

Arachnopeon
Brian S said:
If you got them from a reputable dealer they should replace them for you. Don't get too discouraged. These are awesome scorps to keep.
Yes well I guess Joe at Carolina Specialty Pets is not a reputable dealer. He has not replyed to any emails. I did not want to say anything earlier in hopes that he would reply and settle this dispute in a professional manner. At first I thought that he was away for christmas, until I sent an email about one of his other pets he is selling and he responded to it; so I know that he is there. I do recomend that noone buy from him. I would not want this to happen to anyone else. :(

Last edited:

guesskatiejules

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know a bunch of people who have purchased animals from this dealer, and he seems to be most reputable. I'm sure he will replace what you've lost. I'm so sorry for your losses.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
might try calling...the two times I've had DOA's I picked up the phone and called the seller to tell them what happened and to ask/answer any questions. Both times my DOA's were replaced in a timely manner and had very courteous service.

also, if you read the dealer reviews section they have a thread devoted to this one...

edit: nm, appears as if you found one of them already. don't forget to try calling...and don't start off with calling him a crook, it definitely won't help your situation any. :)

Last edited:

Nocturnal

Arachnopeon
edesign said:
might try calling...the two times I've had DOA's I picked up the phone and called the seller to tell them what happened and to ask/answer any questions. Both times my DOA's were replaced in a timely manner and had very courteous service.

also, if you read the dealer reviews section they have a thread devoted to this one...
I have sent numerous emails and tried calling noone replies to emails and noone answers the phone. But if I send him a question about something else on his website from a different email he responds immediately. ANY reputable breeder would at least respond. He was also a fraud when it came to packing extra heat packs. I asked him to and he said he would then he emailed before he sent it saying " I will add a few extra heat packs in the packaging." AND if he is such a great reputable dealer he would respond to this thread and all the rest that have been negative against him.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the dealer makes good on them.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got my A bicolor and P transvaalicus from Carolina Specialty Pets. I thought that he done well myself. I would keep trying to get a hold of him.

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got my P Trans and A Australis from Carolina Specialty and both arrived on time and in good condition (with promised extra heat packs)

Their hours are 12-7 monday through saturday, I believe. I was able to get in touch everytime I called.. though email went unanswered occasionally.

Sorry for your loss :(

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my smaller Bicolor passed away about 2 weeks ago for no apparent reason, but man they are one of the more amazing species of scorps to keep, love'em

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wolvie56X said:
my smaller Bicolor passed away about 2 weeks ago for no apparent reason, but man they are one of the more amazing species of scorps to keep, love'em
Mine as well, sadly. It was well fed and from the looks of it close to a molt, no idea what caused it. I agree though, they're an awesome species and I plan on getting a few in the near future (must get bills out of the way first).

Kindest kindest,

Kevin P.