Feeding time for slings

port513

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi!

What feeding time should I use for 0.5 inches slings?

Is once a week good or bad?

I was told ever 2 weeks is good but that I can feed them whenever they want food.

8leggedrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had an L. parahybana sling since mid-august 04... fed it 2-3 times a week and it has still not moulted!!! :eek: This disturbs me, if it wasn't from such a reputable dealer and good friend I'd be suspecting they sent me some little house spider instead of an L. p. :rolleyes: The other sling, it's sibling, has moulted once now, in late nov, but seems about the same size as before. :? They are eating like PIGS now but geez this is a long time to have a sling without a moult. So I'm inclined to believe at this point the needs of the sling varies wildly. Find out what seems good for your slings, based on species and conditions it's kept in.

port513

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Temp is 25-26C and humidity is 70-80.

One of them doesn't seem interested in food, the other one took a pinhead yesterday.

8leggedrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been considering upping the feeding myself, maybe I will move upto every other day and see how that goes. "Monster" needs to groooow, I tell you! :D LOL Soon the runt of the batch will outgrow him, this can't be good. :rolleyes:

port513 it sounds like the one not wanting food may be getting ready to moult, good luck! By the way, what type of slings are they?

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
i feed every 2-3 days if they are over .5"... but .5" and smaller then i only feed once a week cause the crix are usually bigger than them i pre kill and it takes the little ones like 24 hr to finish a cricket.

port513

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for all answers!

My B. smithi doesn't really seem to hunt their food, maybe I should start to prekill them? (the food not my spiders ;))

I also chop mealworms for them and leave it over night, remove the remains in the morning.

Any other suggestions?

bman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my a. genic of the same size eats 3-4 times a week, sometimes more.