Stout-legged T

Tanzaniman

Arachnopeon
I recently got a Stout-legged tarantula (Eucratoscelus) and I don't know much about the poison level or the effects of a bite. I would like to be able to handle it (without gloves) as it doesn't seem to be aggressive although I have read they are more aggressive than most. Any additional info on this breed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bpkid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tanzaniman said:
I recently got a Stout-legged tarantula (Eucratoscelus) and I don't know much about the poison level or the effects of a bite. I would like to be able to handle it (without gloves) as it doesn't seem to be aggressive although I have read they are more aggressive than most. Any additional info on this breed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Do you mean stout-legged baboon?

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
Tanzaniman said:

all i can say is that its old world and if you do handle there is a potential for a bite that would probably pack a punch..there are some bite reports you can read about but im not sure if any have been reported with that specie...id say no handle but if i can recall correctly there are some people that handle them on these boards and have posted about it.

Tanzaniman

Arachnopeon
Thanks

Thanks guys, I'm new here and a new tarantula owner. My E.pachypus is my first one and he's great. Still waiting for him to settle in though. This site is very helpful, my questions were all answered just by searching the forums. Guess I should have tried that first. Thanks again!! :razz: