arboreal setup Q.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i am setting up an arboreal tank(no T yet, just a good thing to have a spare enclosure ready. this is an adult sized container, all my other arboreal setups are for slings, but i figured this is as good a time as any to ask:

Is the vertical corkbark suposed to just act as an anchor for the webbing, or is it suposed to be large enough to use as hide too? cause the last strip of bark i have is long, but not insanely wide, and therefore not much of a hide.
that's okay right?

and also, should i put a water dish on the floor of the cage, or if i glue it to the side will it just end up getting webbed beyond the point of use?

John

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
also, correct me if i am wrong, but most Arboreal T's like it slightly damp/humid conditions correct?

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've heard that a lot of people glue water dishes somewhere high b/c the T doesn't go to the floor often.

Good idea getting a set-up ready! Of course, this would just give me an excuse to buy a new T ASAP. :)

versimomma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Hope that helps and yes depending on the species they need a higher humidity around 80% I think. Lots of people say to spray the sides every day but not the substrate. I give the substrate a light misting and spray the sides everyday and I have seen my T drinking droplets from the sides.xxx

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
beccamillott said:
I've heard that a lot of people glue water dishes somewhere high b/c the T doesn't go to the floor often.

Good idea getting a set-up ready! Of course, this would just give me an excuse to buy a new T ASAP. :)
SHHHH! you'll blow my cover!! {D

Sandra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hahaha pandinis, we won't tell. ;)

Whoa versimomma, who lives in there? Cool.

versimomma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My sorry my husbands Avic avic and she just moulted :D
I myself am in love with all Avic versicolors hence my id :D
I am real proud of our arboreal set up and our T seems happy too which is the main thing.x

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My A. Versicolor just built webbing attaching the bark to the side of the glass. I got one long enough to reach the top of the enclosure. I didnt have to glue anything, he did it all. I put the water dish on the substrate. He would come down every now and then to drink and would be right back. ........... I miss him. :(