Species Vitalius/Pamphobeteus Platyomma

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very nice to see yours went through the color change! Hope mine will do that soon. {D
Mike

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Any chance you picked this up from Tommy at one of the many shows he attends?

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I can answer this one for Mung, it came from Kelly Swift.
Mike

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What coloration should a female be at 4-4.5"? My P.Platy is incredibly dark... almost black with pink what look a little like parenthese signs on its carapace

< > Sort of like that. Does this sound indicitive of a male? Its exuviums are constantly shredded....

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's my big girl for comparison.

The "flames" usually really only show at like thier max size or full grown. As you can see mine is just starting to develop them.

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Whats her LS? Mine is actually closer to 5 inches but the pink is a little more pronounced... I really wish it were a lady but I have a feeling its a gent.

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is LS? Well if you mean size, she is about 5.5". Male Pamphobetus species are WAYYY more colorful then the females. My female should more pronounced "flames" after the next molt or two.

She just molted too.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i thought these were a brilliant pink T! these just look brown. what is the deal? lighting, colormorph?

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pandinus said:
i thought these were a brilliant pink T! these just look brown. what is the deal? lighting, colormorph?
You are thinking of the males. I bet you are thinking of this, Click Here!.

Female Pamphobetus species are more plain colored then the males.

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Are the males more brilliant at near 5 inches? And LS=Leg Span.

My starburst on its carapace is much more pronounced than yours but not nearly as vivid as I have seen in other inmature Pamphob males. For instance my P.Vespertinus male has had quite a striking sunburst since it hit 3.5".

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Deliverme314 said:
Are the males more brilliant at near 5 inches? And LS=Leg Span.

My starburst on its carapace is much more pronounced than yours but not nearly as vivid as I have seen in other inmature Pamphob males. For instance my P.Vespertinus male has had quite a striking sunburst since it hit 3.5".
I have read that the males get their full potential of color after their ultimate (maturing) molt.

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Spider-man 2 said:
I have read that the males get their full potential of color after their ultimate (maturing) molt.
Right(cant wait for my p.Vespertinus to hurry up and mature... I think he is getting ready to) but there is quite apparent differences in appearance before then in other pamphobs is what I was saying. I was just curious if they are as obvious with platyomma... as mine is quite similar to the one in the pics but with a little more pink... I was simply curious if the males look strikingly different than that in the photo at ~5 inches

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Deliverme314 said:
Right(cant wait for my p.Vespertinus to hurry up and mature... I think he is getting ready to) but there is quite apparent differences in appearance before then in other pamphobs is what I was saying. I was just curious if they are as obvious with platyomma... as mine is quite similar to the one in the pics but with a little more pink... I was simply curious if the males look strikingly different than that in the photo at ~5 inches
Do you have any photos of her?

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Spider-man 2 said:
Do you have any photos of her?
Not recent ones and my P.O.S. digi has crapped out on me... I will see if I can convince my roomie to take a few glamour shots...

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pamp. playtomma...

:drool: :} BEEEEEAUTIFUL! The pamphobeteus, lasiodora, xenesthis and Nhandu are among my favorites.
I can see she is a intense hair flicker... {D :)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very nice!!!! You might wanna invest in some rogaine for its balding rump...lol :)

versimomma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That kind of balding is from egg sac production. They flick the hairs from the sides of the abdomen on to the silk so the sac is protected. Im not sure if all new worlders do it but I know of some Pamphobeteus that do. She is a lovely big girl. :)