$45.00 P. metallica??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Can this BE??? :eek: Here is the copy of an e-mail I just received:

Sir,
we are one of the laregst exporter of pets from India , and* can supply you good quality spiders from India.
We have ready stocks of
Poecilotheria metallica @ 45US$
Poecilotheria miranda @ 45US$
Poecilotheria fasciata @ 45US$
Poecilotheria striata @ 45US$
Poecilotheria pederseni @ 45US$
We also have few other species. We deliver worldwide through*Postal services.100% DOA RE-IMBURSED If interested contact us.
With best regards,
Mr. Babu
Manager, <EDIT>,
Calcutta. ( India )
Ph. <EDIT>
Exporters of.
Freshwater Live ornamental fishes and invertebrates,
Marine water Live ornamental fishes and invertebrates,
Reptiles
Mammals
Amphibians
Accessories

Other than the fact that I'm NOT a "Sir", the possibility of ME affording a P. metallica of my very own really thrills me!!

Last edited by a moderator:

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmmmmm. I don't think so. I'd stay away from this guy.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Even if this is true, how would he be able to ship them? He is in India and in order to legally receive them, someone would have to have all the paperwork for importing anmimals.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
P.reg and P.striata (and maybe others dont know how good their id'ing was)used to run at low as £20-£25 per adult/sub adult female via chaps in Pakistan, now the only person I ever heard of doing business with them said if you get them the's a good chance most will be dead or they will never get to you at all :rolleyes:.

But at the end of the day something is only worth what ppl will pay for it say a spider is cheap at $45 too some one in Calcutta and see now long it would take them to get there voice back from shock ;P.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Whoops, didn't notice it was missing from the above. <EDIT - PLEASE PM MIZM FOR THE LINK>

Cigarman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
besides, the site looks kinda dodgy. Nothing really happens besides the animations going on. Scam - o - Rama.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
None of the links on the site work....

Regards, Mike :?

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There's only one way to find out, stump up the cash and be very prepared to lose it........

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Here, try this <EDIT - PLEASE PM MIZM FOR THE LINK>

TroyMcClureOG82

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm tempted to order with my credit card and have my credit company fight it if I lose out...

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
every link on the site doesnt work except the payment ones... i wouldnt do it personally, sounds like a major scam group

but hey if it works, grab a few dozen P metallicas and ill buy one from ya at a reasonable price :D

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dear All

As you would know and also probably the rest of the scammers in this world would. P metallica and the so called " Singapore blue" tarantulas are so hot over in the States. And it has always been a big "whoo haa" about owning these species. And this is what would result ------>

Therefore, it is not surprising that there are lots of crooks and scammers out there trying to get a fair share of profit or I should say "ridding" this wave of craze created by hobbyist ourselves.

Hence, it would be your own resposibility if we would buy such stories or "good deals"

Just my 2 cent.
nn

c7me

Arachnopeon
Links Work

All the links work. You must first select: Rest of the world, Pick your Airport and click the enter button below.

I could not find any T’s on the site. :?

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
seems crooked to me i would not trust them...but like lopez said there is only one way to find out...give up the cash and find out

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like a scam but I'll check the link if someone PM's me. I wouldn't send my money to india nonetheless, even if they were legit, probably wouldn't pack them too good, might have parasites, god knows how long it would take to ship or how much they would charge. I'll probably wait for a P metallica for years when the prices are not so overwhelmingly and rediculously high. To me $450 on a spider is just rediculous no matter how amazing it looks.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
MizM said:
Can this BE??? :eek: Here is the copy of an e-mail I just received:

Sir,
we are one of the laregst exporter of pets from India , and* can supply you good quality spiders from India.

Poecilotheria fasciata @ 45US$
Poecilotheria pederseni @ 45US$
where in India are these found?

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not 100% but I've read that Poecilotheria come from the monsoon forests of south and south-west India and also Sri Lanka. Don't know anything more specific than that but I've seen it mentioned in books and on the net.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

I would be VERY careful with such bargain offers! One can find such offers of animals which are in high demand regularey on the insect ads >>click here<< on terraristik.com. A lot, REALLY A LOT, of people who have ordered rare and often cheap species of insects and arachnids by african dealers have lost their money. These guys are really tricky! On terraristik.com they have created a "black list" for frauds: >>click here<< Even there is such a black list, some people have to make their own experience with these guys. ...some weeks ago, a friend of mine has lost money, because one tanzanian dealer promised him to send him Xenodendrophila gabrieli – the pleasant anticipation getting the chance to get this species made my friend incautious. But he had blessing in disguise. He after all got some spiders (most end up with nothing), but only Pterinochilus murinus and some Eucratoscelus pachypus. ... afterwards my friend has checked the black list and has found a similar eMail addy there as the one from his dealer.

If you do such deals with unknown persons, be prepared that you may loose money!

just some words of caution!
Martin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.