Cant reach Cricket

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I put a small cricket in the jar of my 1/4 inch B. vagans day before yesterday. He didnt eat. I noticed he is turning dark in color. He is on the edge of his burrow and the cricket is in his burrow. The cricket wont come out. I want to get the cricket out of there, but i cant just reach in and get him. Should I collapse the burrow ontop of the cricket? Will that stress the T too much? I dont want him to molt and the cricket get him. Does anyone have any ideas?
From now on, should I just prekill everything? Will that take away from the T's instinct to hunt?

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
get the T out of the burrow and out of the vial or tank for time being... use a paper clip and bend it out fully so its about 4" long or so and just go through the dirt and hit the cricket it should shoot right out the burrow and when it does get it and put the T back in....thats what i do works fine everytime and i never collapse the burrow.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Take a pair of tweezers and slide them down the side of the vile and remove the cricket...

Regards, Mike :D

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've had the same thing happen with my P. murinus slings. I either go for kill on the cricket with a pair of sharp tweezers if I can reach it or get the T out and then get the cricket out.

Good luck!

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We did what u said and got the Cricket.
Thanx

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I put my murinus in bigger containers and they make little houses that are cricket proof so I don't have to worry.