Max length for A. Bicolor?

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How many inches for adults in average? Whats the largest one collected? How long do A. Bicolors live usually? :?

chulopiscinas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
SpaceHawk said:
How many inches for adults in average? Whats the largest one collected? How long do A. Bicolors live usually? :?

i have a bicolor but i ask me the same questions

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah...this stuff I'd like to know...I just ordered 4 Bicolors, 1.4 for breeding.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I hear 3 1/2 to 4 inches. My male right now is 3 inches. They also dont live as long as larger species.

Last edited:

Bort

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When you measure a scorp, do you include the tail stretched out or not?

Thanks,
-Bort

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
tail to head is the common measurements i believe. Far as I know the arms arent included.

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Head to tail

Is your 3 1/2 inch male measured from head to tail or were including his arms?

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
SpaceHawk said:
I meant 3 inch.
With tail of coarse. :) And I dont think they have arms, they have legs. I never heard of anyone measuring their scorps with their legs. That means they are measuring them sideways. {D

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i think he means the claws=arms

some people could measure tip of the claws to tip of the tail, some measure prosoma-tip of tail(official measuring)

others leave out the tail (which is silly ;D)

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Of course I meant claws, pedipalps, pinchers, arms, hands....

Obviously I'd have to be stupid if I thought you meant his legs RaZe. And of course you measured his tail too, I was asking if you included his pedipalp. They are basically arms since he doesn't use them to walk on, right? Pinchers, arms, claws, pedipalp.....whatever.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
SpaceHawk said:
Obviously I'd have to be stupid if I thought you meant his legs RaZe. And of course you measured his tail too, I was asking if you included his pedipalp. They are basically arms since he doesn't use them to walk on, right? Pinchers, arms, claws, pedipalp.....whatever.
HAHA {D Yea I included the pedipalps in the measurement. {D
Sorry, Maybe "arms" isnt the right word if it didnt automatically pop into my head. LOL

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm...

I can't wait to get these new pairs. It'll be cool to get 'em going. As soon as I get babies I'm going to let them go for cheap! Of course it'll be a while. :)

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
SpaceHawk said:
I can't wait to get these new pairs. It'll be cool to get 'em going. As soon as I get babies I'm going to let them go for cheap! Of course it'll be a while. :)
Just make sure before you order them that their both mature. I got screwed over with an immature female. I like her alot but would have really appreciated the dealer telling me that she wasnt fully grown. Heres the female I bought on the right. :razz:

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He said they were medium sized, which means they're sub-adult most likely. I can wait a few months if needs be. They'll need to get comfortable anyhow. :)

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
jw73 said:
Is this sand pink ?
Its red. I increase the contrast on the photo to make the scorpion stand out and it makes the red look pink. Heres a shot of my males enclosure without any contrast increase so you can see that it is red. My females enclosure looks just like this but in a smaller tank. ;)
Edit: Ack it does look kinda pink....LOL

Last edited: