i've got sad news

Jada Dark

Arachnopeon
my emp died. i'm not sure how it died or why it died, i got my emp over the summer at my mom's in texas and had to leave it there because my dad needless to say wasn't thrilled about me having a scorp. but from what i heard from my mom was that one night when she went to feed jade (my scorp) she said it seemed restless and was running around and she said when she put a cricket in the tank it stopped and just didn't move. i am assuming that was when it died but i don't know why and now i'm back in texas and i'm gonna be staying here for a good while i want to get another scorp but i don't want it to die too like my other one did. does anybody have any ideas on why my scorp died? let me know and i'll have to check with my mom on your theories. i still miss my scorp i'll never forget one night when i had my scorp out on my bed (i was cleaning the terrarium) i passed out asleep and woke up the next day with my scorp 5 inches from my face on my pillow asleep with me. :)

Bort

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about that :( I love my emp. Just re-did his cage today. He was quite angry. What were the conditions like in his cage? Do you know the age/size of the scorp? What did you feed it? Hopefully we can try to figure out if there was any problem based on what you tell us.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sorry that your scorpion died.

You're very lucky that you didn't roll over on your scorpion in bed. If you get another scorpion, get a container to hold it while you clean the cage.

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My condolances. Ironic, though, as my first scorpion was an emporer named Jade as well.

Jada Dark

Arachnopeon
not sure

my scorp was about 2 &1/2 to 3 inches long butt to face but strecthced out it was about 4 or 5 inches i think. it was fed a cricket a week (so i've heard) and my mom said that when she ended up getting nypmhs she'd feed it twice a week. i'm really starting to hate having left it here. but uh i hope that helps. i kinda think the humidity wasn't right in the tank, this is texas so it's dry out here and it's hard to keep the tank at a certain amount.