cyclosternum fasciatum / Metriopelma zebratum

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Is it possible that spiders sold as C.f are M.z ?? ore smoething ?? they are both of mexico and look the same ( allmost ) and from that photos fasciatum is more rebratum for me

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I see, they do look alike for sure. The picture of yours looks just like my C fasciatum. Of course the one from West's site does too. :?

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh-no your cyclo may need to change to Metro. :eek:
Hay, wait a minute it. The smaller oval shape on the back of Cyclo does not have the black mark that the zebratum has. Look just after the first golden strip just after the carapace. The Black Mark extends into the gold on the zebratum. But Cyclo has a oval mark extending into the black towards the carapace. I can not see the back end of Cyclo, but I would quess the last two strips are long, extending amost under the abdomen. Right? If it does you have a named her right. Just a thought.

TheDarkFinder

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
she is molting so I look later ..

but the fhing that has disturbed me is the spot on the abdomal part

in zebratum photo its gold
and this same in my cyclo and on cyclosternym - the R.West's one its black

oh and its not " id me " :p:p:p but i think it is very possible that dealers get wrong spider - it happends before :p ...

Last edited:

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know if there are color variations that you could rely on to tell them apart.
I do know the males are totally different. The palps wouldn't. . erm. . .fit, and M.z. males have no apophyses.
Guess that doesn't really help in your situation, as yours is obviously a girl (or a record setter giant male. . hehe). the males of both do share one similarity: small.

-Garrick
eight

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
extending amost under the abdomen. Right?

no thay dont ,,,

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
rick's C.fas looks like mine, but I think your looks like his as well over the Met, jmho
Rev

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
On my C fasciatum, the abdominal "spot" looks gold at one angle and nearly black at the other. I really think you have a C fasciatum ;)

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
C. fasciatum grow larger then M. zebratum. That is the main difference between them.

hooale

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you would see them next to eachother you can easily tell them apart. Biggest difference is size. Metriopelma zebratum is much smaller. Also the abdominal pattern is different. Look at my attached pic. Look at the stripe pointed out and compare it with your pic.

Rick's specimen has the same but it is more difficult to see.

Attachments

hooale

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sorry for bringing this old thread up, i didn't pay attention to the date!