Grasshoppers to locusts????

Dark~Angel

Arachnopeon
Last night (sunday) i put in with my zebra knee a grasshopper, iv seen her eat these before and shes been fine. Althought she didnt seem bothered with it last night i left it in there giving her 24 hours then was going to remove it if she hadnt eaten it.

I got up this morning to find a huge 'thing' in her tank with her, as i looked the grasshopper has molted and left its remains on the tank floor next to my spider and its now sitting on a leaf twice the size it was :eek:
Do grasshoppers turn into locusts? yeah maybe stupid but it sure looks like one or is this just an adult hopper? and more to the point should i remove the hopper as my spider just doesnt seem interested in it at all.

Thanks

bugsnstuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i am guessing what you bought were 'hoppers' the juvenile of the locust?
and it went from this:

to this:

how big is the spider?

Dark~Angel

Arachnopeon
yep thats exactly how big its gone....spider is about errm palm of my hand big?? iv not actually measured it as iv not handled it at all and dont really want to im just afraid that the hopper/locust will damage my spider if i leave it in there.

cdxrd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would pull it if the spider hasnt touched it.. Crickets are one thing.. Locusts are another..

KingBollock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
All mine have taken juvenile and adult locust. However, two of them absolutely refuse to eat them now and will only eat Crickets. Oddly, it's my two largest spiders that refuse the locusts.